• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 Question's For Moment Owners

DanDroid

1. Battery Life - Hero has a bug with HTC's Message app, is this also an issue with the Moment?

2. Voice Activated Dialing - Sucks on Hero, and no bluetooth support. How does it work on the Moment, and can anyone confirm voice dial works with bluetooth headset?

I've got 10 day's left to stick with or take back the Hero. I really do like it, but not having stable battery life, and voice dial that is pointless, I'd like to know first before taking another leap.

Well Dan...I just bought mine yesterday and I have no issues with either the Voice Command (works great!) or the battery. So far no bugs. The only thing that is frustrating is that I cannot seem to find a driver for the USB connection.

Tim

Battery life seems average at best. I don't think it is fair when you first get a phone because you are on it all day almost non-stop. My wife and I got our phones today. I have been watching football. She has been on it non-stop and burned a full charge in about 5 hours!!! Mine is still showing 40%. There is no
"wake time" percentage like there is on the hero. There is onl something that says "up time"....and mine is showing a long time so maybe it has been awake the whole time. I have had the phone for about 8 hours and it shows an p time similar to that. I will download a 3rd party messenger and see of that changes anything.

Voice dialing is EXCELLENT. If you come from the Instinct community, it is the same software and works very well!!!

Hey Tim, you need to tell the phone to mount the SD card... after connecting the phone to the computer pull down the status bar on the phone and the phone should be asking you to press ok to mount the card or somethin like that... after doing this the phone will appear as a mass storage device on the computer.

To the OP, I am loving the Moment compared to the "Hero" Battery life is MUCH better, everything is smoother, Apps are actually working, no freeze ups, the camera is SOOO much better. It feels good to be out from under the rock the Hero created. And not to mention the screen.... It's awesome, simply awesome.

Battery life seems average at best. I don't think it is fair when you first get a phone because you are on it all day almost non-stop. My wife and I got our phones today. I have been watching football. She has been on it non-stop and burned a full charge in about 5 hours!!! Mine is still showing 40%. There is no
"wake time" percentage like there is on the hero. There is onl something that says "up time"....and mine is showing a long time so maybe it has been awake the whole time. I have had the phone for about 8 hours and it shows an p time similar to that. I will download a 3rd party messenger and see of that changes anything.

Voice dialing is EXCELLENT. If you come from the Instinct community, it is the same software and works very well!!!

Well I had an Instinct a while back, and I can't recall how good it was. So basically from what everyone say's battery life is ok, and voice dial over bluetooth is a "go", and if so, is there a prompt that I will hear over the bluetooth when I hit the button on it?

Unlike flyjbaker, I'm not yet a fan of the voice activated dialing, I've had much better on the last three dumbphones I've owned(2 Samsungs and a Moto). As for the Bluetooth, my Moto H12 headset only kicks in once the call is active, no voice activation through the headset. If you try the headset switch nothing happens, starting voice activation on the handset and it prompts through the phone, not the headset.

Unlike flyjbaker, I'm not yet a fan of the voice activated dialing, I've had much better on the last three dumbphones I've owned(2 Samsungs and a Moto). As for the Bluetooth, my Moto H12 headset only kicks in once the call is active, no voice activation through the headset. If you try the headset switch nothing happens, starting voice activation on the handset and it prompts through the phone, not the headset.

Yeah that's what it does on the Hero now, voice dial only works over the phone not the headset. Which IMO defeats the entire purpose of even having voice activated dialing.

I agree with you on the dumbphones. All of the ones I've had in the past could do VAD over bluetooth with no problem. No sure why these so called smartphones cannot.

Adrift - I tried that but I don't see where it tells me to mount the card. All I get is a "notification" bar. Perhaps something else?

Tim

Adrift - I tried that but I don't see where it tells me to mount the card. All I get is a "notification" bar. Perhaps something else?

Tim

Let's see... when you say notification bar, is that on the phone? If so you need to drag down that bar and select the usb icon/ status bar, you should then get a prompt to mount the SD card.

If this doesn't work, you could unmount the card within setting > sd card options, then power down, remove battery, remove card, then work backwards reassembling and power back on and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom