• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 quick questions....

Hi all. Just 2 quick questions.

1. I see you can store things on your phone or the "external" SD card. Is there things I should not store on either one?

2. Just to get it straight in my head, do some of these ROM's have the kernel in them or once you download a ROM you also need to find a kernel?

Thanks.

I store pictures and music on my SD card (the 32Gb external) and programs on the "internal" memory called SD card.. oh.. also my titanium backup is on the external card.
When I flashed unnamed ROM and when I flashed CM7 ROM, I did not have to separately flash a different kernal. I am sure somebody here can probably provide a technical or detailed explanation; but sites like XDA and Cyanogenmod also have a lot of info and links about this!,

Reactions: jasvncnt1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones