• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2013-14 College Basketball

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I would have started this thread earlier but did not want to jinx my team. :)
I'm curious how your favorite team's season is shaping up and their chance of making the big dance. Let's not hate on teams here. Everyone has a favorite team that's better than everyone else lol.. me too. I have teams and coaches I don't like as well... and they too will not be discussed here.

How's your team doing so far?
Do they have a conference tournament?
Do they need to win the tournament for a NCAA bid?
Do they get into the tournament or the NIT?
Are you happy with their ranking?
How far do you realistically project their post season run?

As for me, it's been a weird season for my home team. The Wichita Shockers play in a mid major conference and honestly, it's weaker than normal with Creighton leaving this year. The Shox lost in the final four last year and have now run their season to 31-0. They are currently ranked #2 and in line for a #1 seed. They do have a conference championship tourney and could easily lose a game. The team is not highly respected.. mid major and all... and even with a 31 and 0 record will likely lose the #1 bid if they drop a game in the conference tournament. That's how it goes with an impressive but less than respected resume.

As for post season projections.. I think they will either have a one or two seed so they should have a decent chance at a run. To make it to the final four again.. man that's more of a want than a given. A lot of magic goes into going deep in the tournament.

Reactions: ocnbrze and saptech
My home team is the Saint Louis University Billikens, (25-3, 12-1 Atlantic 10). They are having one of their best season in school's history. They have climbed to No. 8 in the USA Today coaches' poll. The Billikens saw their 19-game winning streak come to an end Thursday night in a 71-64 loss to Duquesne. The first loss in 88 days. Of course, they will probably be dropping in rankings now.

With a win in any of their three remaining regular-season games, the Billikens would clinch at least a share of the A-10 regular-season title and the No. 1 seed in the A-10 Championship in Brooklyn.
I hope they go at least to the Final Four, but I'm not holding my breathe that they make it.

Upvote 0
Mine are gone and forgotten by the masses. I've been a WSU Shocker fan for more years than most have been alive lol. It saddened me to see them loose to Kentucky by two. But, I think Kentucky played a better game. I'm a Kansas fan too. They just didn't have the fire to compete with their big guy out. They had talent but never really jelled as a team. Onto next year lol. Basketball is a great game and the college level has all the skill and drama that makes it fun to watch. I will be sad to see it end.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones