• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 23 GB gone in a flash! Help...

zandersig

Android Enthusiast
Hey Guys, I have just lost all my pics, downloads, music, everything.

Look here http://androidforums.com/threads/help-help-all-my-stuff-has-vanished-23-gb-worth.885309/

What's weird is that my games can see the .obb file that it needs to be able to run (which is /storag but I can not see it anymore so it still has to be on my phone along with all my pics, music, etc but I can no longer see it but any game that uses .obb files can see it... I don't know what happened when I was cleaning up my Internal Memory? Could I have deleted a .folder (which are hidden)?

I think I deleted the .estrongs folder because the one that is there now has today as the creation date and I don't have a backup of the old one. That folder keeps a database of the folder it's in, right?

I just opened my alarm clock and it can select my music that I copied to my phone and it plays the music fine but when I open my Internal SD card using a file explorer my music doesn't show up and under my android system setting the storage space says that I have 23 GB free! So what gives? How can I get my lost files/folders back to where they should be? It seems like a link is broken or something? I just don't know...

Did you by any chance touch any named directories such as these?:
/sdcard
/data/media/0
/data/media/legacy
/storage/sdcard0
/storage/emulated/0
/storage/emulated/legacy

Your cache may also be corrupted, this is sometimes linked to a bad cache wipe and the results vary from data appearing to be lost or that your phone can't connect to mobile network.

Wiping cache via recovery may work or if your on stock you could flash the stock cache.img from the google factory image host site.

@zandersig
This is a bit of a tough one... Especially not knowing what files/folders exactly that you deleted during your cleaning.
Personally I don't use ES file explorer, I've always used "Root Browser" since I started using android. For me it just seems like a little easier to use and to navigate around with and it has a simple UI.
It maybe wortha shot but... Have you tried a different file browser like Root Browser, grant it SU permissions and see if the files are then in there and where they should be or not hidden.
It might be for some reason that ES file explorer is not showing all of/or your hidden files/folders or maybe you lost root access some how with ES file explorer and you can no longer see these files.. . you may have even deleted a pertinent file/folder for ES file explorer to read and have root access.
Also check the file path -
/Data/Media/0 and see if you have any of your sdcard files or folders in there.

I'm still not sure why you have 23GB of user usable storage... That one indicates to me that somehow some things got deleted that were not suppose to unfortunately.

Other than that, do you have a recent nandroid backup saved somewhere that will allow you to restore your N5 to its previous state before this error occurred?

Back
Top Bottom