• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2430MAH slim gold battery compatiable with connect

Yesterday night i watched a movie on youtube 1:10:00 through wifi ( cant test with 4g. Bad reception where I m at) battery came from 100 to 75. Wifi on 4g on and gps and bluetooth off.
Then i went to sleep 6 hours and battery was from 75
to 67!. That never happend to me. Usually my battery drains at least 5%~10% per hour when stand by.
This is all wth stock battery 1500. Last time i charged it it was with external charger.
So right now im sendibg this from phone and its been with this battery for 8 hours and battery level is at 59

Upvote 0
ae8c60ad-109c-e0de.jpg

Upvote 0
its hard to tell. its always a matter of time before ur phone goes into sleep mode. when it does it drains less than 40mA and if u have jd it has a night mode

i dont know.. i usually dont use juice defender.. its disabled and i use it customized with night mode off.. but really its disabled

i think that maybe there s a problem when charging directly with the phone...
wall charger maybe works better??
really im going nuts with this...
dont know which battery is better becouse the same battery works different with almost same use of the phone..
or maybe the battery reader its not working fine.

Upvote 0
i dont know.. i usually dont use juice defender.. its disabled and i use it customized with night mode off.. but really its disabled

i think that maybe there s a problem when charging directly with the phone...
wall charger maybe works better??
really im going nuts with this...
dont know which battery is better becouse the same battery works different with almost same use of the phone..
or maybe the battery reader its not working fine.

that is why u load a video stream with everything else turned off and see what happens!

Upvote 0
Ok so far this is what o got...
Always wifi, 4g, background data, and the location thing on.
Always gps, bluetooth, auto sync and auto apps update all off.
1500mha 10 hours.
3 hours of streaming video
6 hours stand by ( i was sleeping)
1 hour of use texting browsing and gaming

2430mha 8 hours
2 hours streaming video
6 hours just texting browsing and stand by...
In this 6 hours i was mostly out of my house so no wifi....

Now i m using 1900 mha

Upvote 0
1500mha 10 hours.

2430mha 8 hours
2 hours streaming video

Now i m using 1900 mha

im sorry but that data is practically useless. way too many variables. i got my 3850mah today i will do testing soon and post results

Upvote 0
1500mha 10 hours.

2430mha 8 hours
2 hours streaming video

Now i m using 1900 mha

Having the phone sleeping for 6 hours would explain why you got 2 more hours out of the stock battery.

Upvote 0
Having the phone sleeping for 6 hours would explain why you got 2 more hours out of the stock battery.

Yes.. with the test i made i cant compare between my batteries.. maybe it can be compared with someone else use...
Anyway the weirs thing is that in those 6 hours i aas sleeping battery drain about a 7% only... when im at work sometimes i dont even check my phone for 7 hours and the drain is about 50%.. maybe while working i ll get 1 or 3 missed calls and 3 sms.. but can that make such a huge difference?

Also tonight after the new update i slept with my phone on and no charging with 2430 and battery dropped from 93 to 78.
Both nights before go to bed i restarted my phone to make sure there wasnt any background app draining the app

Upvote 0
i finally decided to use juice defender cause i dont want to be worry about battery life anymore... and it s working perfect.
but not with the 2430.. battery drains faster than the 1900 and 1500 and i cant even charge it to 100% when is atached to the phone..
maybe mine is defective or maybe is just bad quality or not true 2430..
so i decided to use 1900 as my first battery and 2430 like spare...
juicy defender is giving me about 30% more battery life for my average use...

Upvote 0
Well-thanks for trying.......I suspect the 2430 Battery is not really 2430 or defective.

I appreciate everyone testing and reporting on different batteries-but if the battery is accurately rated-the consumption should be proportional within a few %.

Meaning a 3000mah should last roughly twice as long as a 1500mah IF they are rated accurately- which they probably are NOT.

So we still need more tests and hopefully a slim 2400 mah that's closer to true spec.

Upvote 0
Is this battery still bogus?

I did purchase them, thinking it would make a difference. Saw this thread a little too late. Lesson learned. Well, i have 2 of them coming in the mail, just ordered today, and it will ship from the UK. I have no idea exactly when it will show up, roughly 2 weeks I think.

No one really tested this phone's battery out? Is it really like a 19-20000 mah in costume? Hope this isn't a wasted purchase, if it is I am staying with stock. I don't want a new back case.

Edit: I requested a refund. I researched this online (should have done that before) and its getting quite a lot of negative reviews. One said that they doubt that this battery has a greater capacity than stock. Anyhoo, getting a refund.

Upvote 0
2430 mah gold battery is made for the Optimus Black phone only. So if you are using a LG Connect phone you must download from the android playstore an app called Battery Calibrator and it will calibrate the chip inside de battery (used to prevent overcharging etc) to the phone.

The phone has it own calibrator, but it only works correctly with a battery made especifically for it.

Upvote 0
Hello. new to the forums. Have to go here since XDA forums does not have a coonect 4g forum yet. Read the site news everyday here. Thought I would give my thooughts about battery issues since every smart phone and tablet has ssome issues.

Check what your signal strength is. If you are Just in range it may be giving problems. I have had phones that would drain in 5 hours on stand-by just because it would have to constantly have to reconnect.

Try putting the phone in airplane mode and see how long it lasts. This makes sure that no radios in the phone is operating at all. I would try it over night and see how the battery drains. Then try it another night and running a video for 6 hours.

At least you can see then if it is the radios or other things. Check that battery temp when this is happening.

It is very likely that while testing and building the os on the prototypes they had a different battery and someone made the decision to use a cheaper battery for the production phones to keep costs down. That is why they never encountered the issue before. This is not to uncommon in the industry.

Unless they start selling the phones with better batteries I doubt you will see an actual fix for this from LG.

Besides that how do you all feel about the phone? I have had a Nexus one and Mytouch 4g and am seriously looking into going with the connect since I no longer am with t-mobile and only use the mt4g on wifi for reading news and playing some games when out of the house. Also have a Acer Iconia 500 that I use at home.

My other option is the HTC Evo V 4g from Virgin Mobile. I am looking for a better screen and I know the Evo has a higher resolution but besides the 3d gimmick it seems like it really is not very impressive.

Upvote 0
I have access to a Cadex machine (an industry-grade battery tester/conditioner/charger) at work and I'm in the process of testing all the slim batteries available. Once I have a good set of test data i'm going to make a new battery thread with all available options and some test that show their quality and runtime.

My first test was this "2430mah" Gold battery from eCell off eBay. I regret to report that this battery is total shit: on two charge/discharge cycles, it listed on ~48% and ~50% capacity, making it's actual capacity about half of it's rated 2430mah: 1200mah, lower than the stock battery for the Connect.

If you're looking for a good higher-capacity slim battery, do NOT purchase the gold one. As shown by the above posters and my tester, this thing ranges from as good as the stock battery to significantly worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones