• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3 different OSes and still cant recognize ADB

munsterrr

Nov 19, 2009
i tried on a win 7, vista, and xp machine to install the ADB drivers

I install the latest SDK. download the latest drivers through SDK(pack 3 i believe). Restart the machine, restart phone.

I try to search for the files in the "C:\android-sdk-windows" folder where i unzipped this. I even went as far as to go to "C:\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver\i386" to search for the drivers but none of them ever find it.

Because of this i cant root, use the new recovery, or use the RUU files to go back to the stock rom because they all look for ADB.

I was originally trying to take the unrevoked root off so i could use toast's method by flashing the stock rom. Both RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_release_171253_signed AND RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_release_171253 do not recognize it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones