• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 32 gb Micro SD from Verizon on launch day?

Regarding the 32GB micro SD card, this is what they have been saying for weeks. But they can't sell them if they don't have them.

PR is simply trying to cover the "iphone has 32GB" argument with vapor hardware. If tomorrow there are piles of 32GB micro SD cards at the stores, then so be it. But I highly doubt it. I mean all of the other Droid X accessories are there.

you said you had not seen this card in the store or on their website. i was simply providing you with one of those. Whether they're there or not is still up in the air.

Upvote 0
Or, more accurately, today, but won't sell til tomorrow. I just got back from the Mission Valley store in San Diego and watched UPS wheel in the delivery while I was waiting. They unboxed it, showed me it, then put it with the rest of the accessories and Droid X I've got reserved for tomorrow morning.

Woo-hoo! I felt certain this was going to be a no-show and in fact now pushes me in the direction of buying from Verizon directly (even with the damn MIR!) instead of Best Buy, where I also got a call my reserve was in. Looks like Best Buy Mission Valley is about to be able to go one more name down their preorder list.

Now I just have to decide whether it's worth buying either of the (expensive) docks, particularly when they don't come with the cables. :-(
K-

Upvote 0
Got my Droid X at a midnight opening in Columbia, MD. They did not have any of the 32GB micro SD cards in stock there, but I was able to order one for $100 using the promotion. They said I should get it between Friday and Tuesday inclusive.

As a side note, they had 110 phones and by Midnight more than 110 people.

Upvote 0
I got one this morning. They said they only had two left. I got it for $100. They wouldn't give me the 25% off discount on top of the $50 off. I bought 2 car docks and a home dock so I got 25% off those. They actually tried to ring me up at 25% off the card @ $150, but I reminded the girl about the deal. I asked the manager about the additional 25% off, but he must not have understood what I asked or I just couldn't get both.

Upvote 0
When I log in it shows the promotional price of $99 and won't add the 25% discount to that. It does put the discount on other accessories so I think we're going to have a hard time getting it for $75. :( I'm still going to try to get it for that price at my local store but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen.

Upvote 0
I checked my local stores and they have X's and the new cards coming in tomorrow but they are all sold already. The CSR said he would call me if someone changed their mind or cancelled.

so, I checked the website offer and double checked compatability with my Moto Droid. The website stated that it is not compatible. Is this card only for the new X?

I've been waiting for a 32g card for a while to complete my music/video switchover from my ipod.

- Panda

Upvote 0
Class only reflects the Write speed not read speed which is the same.
I guess only time it matters is when you are taking videos at 720p or something but I believe class 2 will do just fine.

Although technically the class only refers to the class of write speed, it is not generally correct that cards of all different classes read at the same minimum speed. I have class 10 cards that are WAY faster reading than a class 2 card.

At class 2 on the 32GB card, you are looking at ~4.44 hours to fill it up.

Upvote 0
There is some, but not enough discussion here about the speed "Class" of the MicroSDHC card. The ones being sold by Verizon are made by Sandisk and are very high quality. However, they are only Class 2, which is the slowest Read/Write speed available.

"So what" you say. Consider that these cards have a tremendous amount of storage space. Do some research and you will see that the bigger cards really do slow down. As the space goes up, the need for speed does as well. When you are attempting to copy huge Audio, and Video files to/from your phone, the speed really makes a big difference. Every time an application needs to Read or Write information to the card, it will be slower. When your phone is trying to Write an 8Mb Photo to your MicroSDHC card, the longer it takes to write that file, the longer it will be until you can take the next photo. And yes, you can actually see the difference.

At this time, there are no faster "name" brand MicroSDHC cards available for 32GB. However, in the 16GB size, you can get faster cards, up to a Class 10 MicroSDHC card from Kingston for about $100. If you can live with 16GB, a Class 10 card for $100 will make you much happier than a 32GB Class 2 card for $100.

Upvote 0
Just got my 32gb in the mail from VZW. Ordered on opening day from them, but none were in stock. With my discount of 25%, couldn't pass a 32gb for $75, class 2 or not. Anyway, just loaded 29 movies and a ton of music for long trips. Works fine for storing and playing movies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones