• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G on CM9

gary93

Had flash CM9 0.6.13.3 last weekend, so far the performance are very well. But the 3G speed just ridiculous. In house I only have 1 cell signal cause I'm near the edge of the coverage. 62kbps upload and 85 kbps upload. When I have 4 out of 5 signal bar, I still only have like less than 500 kbps download and 600 kbps upload (Same speed I have when I'm in Seattle). I knew that I can try to swap the prl, but is there any other way I can improve the 3G speed?

Edit: I test with speed test app

Had flash CM9 0.6.13.3 last weekend, so far the performance are very well. But the 3G speed just ridiculous. In house I only have 1 cell signal cause I'm near the edge of the coverage. 62kbps upload and 85 kbps upload. When I have 4 out of 5 signal bar, I still only have like less than 500 kbps download and 600 kbps upload (Same speed I have when I'm in Seattle). I knew that I can try to swap the prl, but is there any other way I can improve the 3G speed?

Edit: I test with speed test app

the speed test app has settings which will effect the speed that comes back, in the app itself in setting, you can change it from graphic mode to performance mode, and you can manually select a server closer to you

as for PRL change, that only May work, it depends on ur location and weather or not new towers have been installed or if old towers are still running the signals but arnt on ur list

the speed test app has settings which will effect the speed that comes back, in the app itself in setting, you can change it from graphic mode to performance mode, and you can manually select a server closer to you

as for PRL change, that only May work, it depends on ur location and weather or not new towers have been installed or if old towers are still running the signals but arnt on ur list

Thanks! I went outside and tried this afternoon, with the speed test set to performance mode, with the closest tower. Got 3~4 bars of signal, but only 0.2~0.5 mbps of download. Seems I have never gone up to 1 mbps with my MT...

Thanks! I went outside and tried this afternoon, with the speed test set to performance mode, with the closest tower. Got 3~4 bars of signal, but only 0.2~0.5 mbps of download. Seems I have never gone up to 1 mbps with my MT...

np, i was having terrible issues with mine until i found that performance setting lol, cause the phone itself tryin to load the needle seemed to be messing with my results, switching to performance fixed it, but i myself have probly only reached 1 mbps, when i was in a 4 signal bars area, other have reported up to 2mbps i believe

CM9 is also still in the alpha stage tho, altho it seems very close to going beta, so there is a chance that some tweaking may still be needed but im not sure, im currently not running cm9

np, i was having terrible issues with mine until i found that performance setting lol, cause the phone itself tryin to load the needle seemed to be messing with my results, switching to performance fixed it, but i myself have probly only reached 1 mbps, when i was in a 4 signal bars area, other have reported up to 2mbps i believe

CM9 is also still in the alpha stage tho, altho it seems very close to going beta, so there is a chance that some tweaking may still be needed but im not sure, im currently not running cm9
closing to going beta? means the camera will be working?
Whoa Mantera is really doing' it:adore:

closing to going beta? means the camera will be working?
Whoa Mantera is really doing' it:adore:

I was speaking strictly on his signal strength, although right in the first posts details for cm9, it says as soon as mantera fixes some big things hell think about bringing it into beta stages

other have reported up to 2mbps i believe

44607307-2209-5caa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom