• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4.05 ruu

gruss

Android Expert
Is there a RUU for the latest update? I'm not rooted or anything just running the 4.03 leak. Was thinking about rooting but honestly I don't see any roms that tickle me so I thought I'd just update, then root maybe for tether but I don't see any downloads?
Sorry if this was asked but all I saw were links to rooted roms based off it.

Also now that I'm checking I could of swore I put this in the normal forum not the root one so if someone can move for me thats cool. Sorry!

there is not an ruu that ive seen. the best way to update,would be to install the new firmware package,unlock,install or boot a recovery,then flash a stock 4.05 rom.

there are links to firmware,and a rom in this thread: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/716364-newest-global-rom.html

alternately,you could use jpbear to become s off :eek: ,then run the ruu for 3.14.605.12. you could then OTA naturally to to 4.05.605.14 :D

this is the prollem with installing leaks on an s on device. the updater scripts do not look for them,often leaving users stuck with rooting becoming the only way to update.

Figures, I havent' wanted root bad enough to deal with wiping my phone but if I do then I'll probably just look for some sort of stock debloated rom.

So are you saying I could s-off before even rooting? That would be nice, would it make rooting a non-wipe affair if/when I decided to do it if I was s-off?

So are you saying I could s-off before even rooting? That would be nice, would it make rooting a non-wipe affair if/when I decided to do it if I was s-off?

sorry,i didnt mean to give that impression. being unlocked and rooted is a prerequisite for jpbear to work.

unlocking the bootloader performs a factory reset. so does running the ruu. no way that i know of to avoid wiping and having to re-set up.

for what its worth,the differences between 4.03 and 4.05 are prolly pretty trivial. no harm in just staying where you are if your happy with it :)

That's kind of what I was thinking, I'll unlock it when/if I ever have to do a factory reset. So far it's been pretty solid, was just hoping for an easy way to get back to "stock".

Back
Top Bottom