• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4-11-11, froyo confirmed via VM sms

I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that I, too, have not received my update. The good news is that I just switched to GEICO and saved on my car insurance.

(Also, you people are really testy about this update. Settle down. When has VM ever been on top of this stuff? We're prepaid! We get crapped on all the time. Contract people look down on us. But hey, we got Android! Sure the virtual buttons suck and the dang thing is laggy, but hey, ANDROID!)

Upvote 0
I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that I, too, have not received my update. The good news is that I just switched to GEICO and saved on my car insurance.

(Also, you people are really testy about this update. Settle down. When has VM ever been on top of this stuff? We're prepaid! We get crapped on all the time. Contract people look down on us. But hey, we got Android! Sure the virtual buttons suck and the dang thing is laggy, but hey, ANDROID!)

be that as it may patty-d, it is still a corporation with customers and a reputation to uphold. dont promise something and not deliver upon that promise. yes its pre-paid. yes its android. and yes its fuggin cheap. but where do they draw the lines on the shortcuts? yea we are saving quite the chunk of change monthly, and also have the freedom of moving around to other carriers, as opposed to the big four national carriers. but is this really helping their cause? o_O

Upvote 0
Couldn't we use photorec to recover the deleted "update.zip" file from the flash card, as I am sure that the data isn't wiped upon install?

As long as the data isn't overwritten, we could pull the deleted file from the card with this free utility.

Any ideas? Anyone used this besides me? Can someone try for me?

Any Linux Ninja could figure out the interface, but Nonjas might need a walkthrough.

You can use the Windows version, but the interface would be the issue, and if you have any party pix, make sure to deselect all but zip files. heheee

Just make sure the destination is NOT the sd card, or you might overwrite the deleted file with pix or something else salvaged from the drive/flash.

If you have a reader this would eliminate alternate issues with dedicated access, but all it needs to do is read the sectors.

Carve that data! If you can pull it, please post on multiple 4ums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones