• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4/11/13 Just got a S3 Update?

DroidUser1

Just updated my Samsung S3 today, what was in it? I'm on Sprint Unlimited plan. I already have JellyBean on my phone just wondering if anyone else got this because I'm not hearing anyone else getting it.

You updated your phone, and don't know what you updated?
Anyway, I doubt it was anything serious or else the threads would be buzzing by now.

I picked my kids up from my sisters this evening, and as always when there had a play with her stock SGS3. It had downloaded this update and was waiting for her to install it. It was 28.3Meg in size if memory serves.

Hers is a completely stock 16Gig SGS3 running 4.1.2 PDA I9300XXEMC2, CSC I9300OXAEMC2 (UK firmware).

I believe it has something to do with stability/performace updates to apps like 'contacts' it was only a small update, 28ishMB.
That explanation works for me, I just figured since it was an official release it was something important. But it seems to be one of those small updates nobody talks about :p

Back
Top Bottom