• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.2.2 Update in UK

Brian566

Hi
hi have just seen a tab 2 with 4.2.2 and was wanting to update my
GT P5110

But show ups as no updates available
Has anybody in the UK manage to update over air ?

Thanks for any replies

Just updated mine too without any problems. I can now see why so many want to go back to 4.1.1 though

Still trying mine out it just need to get used to the control keys been moved I had to reset all my app in order but a like the bottom row not moving when you scroll

Not keen on the pull down seems slow. the whole thing seems phone or
tab 7 ordinated

Mine updated itself this morning. No problems so far apart from having to reinstate all my apps onto the home screen.

Are all of you who have upgraded OTA on unbranded? I have a Vodafone Samsung Tab 2 and no upgrade from 4.1.2 is available OTA.

I really dislike this update. It has ruined the user interface. I perceive no benefits just a negative impact.

Can anyone defend this update? What are the benefits? I might feel better if I know what they are.

Anyone who has not updated should consider leaving well alone.

Users on Vodacom in South Africa who were on 4.1.2 got the option to update to 4.2.2 yesterday. After a restart everything seems quite smooth.
Pity the mini app launch bar is still there as it is really replaced by the row of sortable apps at the bottom of all screens
I quite like the notification bar at the top of the screen

Spikes

Have to say mine has gone from running like a wee sweetie, to being a total brick! I'm doing a system reset to see if it helps, but i would love to go back if possible!!

Back
Top Bottom