• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4 icons/buttons on bottom not lighting properly

JamesSJ

Well-Known Member
I just switched from the GNex to the RMaxx. My concern is about the 4 bottom icons/buttons/keys (Menu, Home, Back, Search) not lighting properly. When in a fairly dark room they always stay lit. Last night before sundown the icons were not lit. It was too dark to see them without being lit. It also depended on the position. I do not know if this was due to internal position sensors or just getting different levels of light from the light sensors. I called Verizon Tech Support and they said this was normal. It may be "normal" but hard to use the phone if I cannot see the icons/buttons/keys.

Is there an app to fix this?
 
ICS will fix this....with onscreen controls, basically the bottom buttons will be obsolete....Mine does the same thing, I'll admit, it's a PITA!
 
ICS will fix this....with onscreen controls, basically the bottom buttons will be obsolete....Mine does the same thing, I'll admit, it's a PITA!

I am not sure if ICS will fix it as these keys are not part of the screen like on the GNex. I would not want the screen space on the RMaxx taken up by duplicate keys as this would reduce the available screen real estate. It is a PITA...lol. Thanks for responding. At least I know it is just not me and not a problem with my particular phone. We can hope that ICS will fix it though. :)
 
I am not sure if ICS will fix it as these keys are not part of the screen like on the GNex. I would not want the screen space on the RMaxx taken up by duplicate keys as this would reduce the available screen real estate. It is a PITA...lol. Thanks for responding. At least I know it is just not me and not a problem with my particular phone. We can hope that ICS will fix it though. :)


I do not have this problem, and never have actually. Sounds like a rogue app if you ask me. But I do want to say I am with you when you say you hope that there aren't another set of keys on top of the ones we already have. I hope that they just incorporate these keys into ICS. They are basically the same just with an extra one(search i believe) I think Moto will be smart enough to not add extra keys and take up precious screen size.
 
Sounds like a rogue app if you ask me.

We have also been exploring this at the Motorola forum. I did safe start which eliminates apps so it is not an app problem. Others there also have it. I downloaded a suggested app and the key lights turn off at about 50 lumins.
 
ICS will fix this....with onscreen controls, basically the bottom buttons will be obsolete....Mine does the same thing, I'll admit, it's a PITA!

On screen controls are an OPTION with ICS (but almost certainly not a user selectable one). The Razr won't have them (unless your running a different rom, or activate them yourself somehow). The leaked ICS rom does not have them.
 
I have the same problem. They worked intermittenly at first and now do not work at all. I called warrenty service and they are sending me a new phone on Friday. I am still in the 14 day period. Hopefully the new one will work.
 
I have the same problem. They worked intermittenly at first and now do not work at all. I called warrenty service and they are sending me a new phone on Friday. I am still in the 14 day period. Hopefully the new one will work.

This seems to be a "normal" function of the phone even though it makes the phone worse. I hope my key lights do not go out altogether.
 
I thought this was supposed to be addressed with ICS. I do not see any controls for this. Are they there?
 
Back
Top Bottom