• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4 in 1 baseless ports aroma installer cm10

johnnyl1111

Android Expert
making aroma installer is easy.

just get the app from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1859221
the app will only let you use apk files and will only make an output file that flashes to /data/app or /system/app

attachment.php

so i make a blank text file and rename it let say aokpdu.apk that alllows the program to make the folder and the updater script code.

so in left pane make a group called aokpdu check the box for install as /system/app
then in the right pane add the blank apk to that group.

attachment.php

then you can create a group in the left pane called apps but don't check the box for system app unless you want them installed as system apps.
then add all your apk's for the apps you want to add.

attachment.php

then click create.

now you have to unzip the resulting zip and edit the updater script in the meta-inf folder
the only thing you have to edit is the line that tells it to extract to /system/app
change it to /system
looks like this
Code:
package_extract_dir("data/aokpdu", "/system/app")
change to this
Code:
package_extract_dir("data/aokpdu", "/system")

and i also add all the set perms from cm10 rom near the bottom before the wipe dalvik entry.
not always required

then go into the data folder and find the aokpdu folder.

go into that folder and delete the blank aokpdu.apk and replace it with everything from /system of the port.

rezip and enjoy.

Attachments

• aroma.png
    aroma.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 179
  • group.png
    group.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 141
  • apps.png
    apps.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 173
Thx alot this will come in handy, im going to see if i get back into all this android rom building and theming like i was back in my optimus m, and helping out in the forum. Might need a few talented people to help me get back on the boat :)

personally i think t mobiles 3g is faster than metro 4g and i've been connecting to t mobile 3g lately due to the merger. most the time i can't connect to 4glte at all

personally i think t mobiles 3g is faster than metro 4g and i've been connecting to t mobile 3g lately due to the merger. most the time i can't connect to 4glte at all

I'm flashing pg new build now and fixing arguments in aroma...4 g may be a possibility

Back
Top Bottom