• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 42% battery usage for camera?

dlin95123

I just checked battery usage and found camera used 42% of the battery. However, I have not used the camera at all. Why did it show 42%?

While I am asking battery usage questions, there are "X" marks on the right of some applications. What are they used for?

Thanks!

The "X" allows you to kill an app. I'd go into settings and clear the cache for the camera app and then reboot the phone. Hopefully that will help.

I rebooted the phone last night before I went to bed. Checked the battery usage at lunch time and did not see camera. However, I checked again in the evening and found camera had used a high percentage again. I have not used camera today at all. But it seemed to run by itself. The CPU time was only 1 second though.

Thought?

On my HTC I found that was related to having geotagging turned on.

It seemed to get the camera and the gallery constantly calling for location services and it was that combo causing the power loss for me.

On mine, Camera, settings, Camera Options, Geo-Tag, uncheck. Probably similar on yours.

Well, the problem comes back.... It has a high battery percentage again.

It seems that the Camera app does not exit when I use the "back" key to exit the app. On the battery usage details, it shows the Camera app is still running. I have to manually gray out the "X" mark to stop the app.

Suggestions please....

You mean the app switcher? Swiping an app out of there doesn't do anything other than remove it from that list, it doesn't close the app.

Sorry, it does on my HTC, guess yours is different. :dontknow:

My question is why I cannot exit camera cleanly?

Because HTC is expecting you to want it parked in memory for fast reentry. And if you don't go there, Android kills them.

Lot of apps are like that and harmless, the problem is when they don't behave and keep actually running. Then Android leaves them alone.

When that happens, you need a work around to put them down.

Hence my suggestion.

So, does the DNA have the HTC Task Manager app? That would be my second suggestion.

The only source of the problem I've encountered worked for you for a few days. That was permanent for me, so I'm out of ideas for yours.

You don't have any pending uploads to Dropbox or something do you?

Some other indirect linkage would be the cause, just as geotagging was, so all I can do is give you another direction to guess in.

Yeah, please let me know, I'm really curious.

What's up with that??

Dumb question - do we know if your settings are sticking?

Could geotagging be back on, saying it's not, so when you change another setting, it gets back in line?

What if you go in 4:3 and then after that go back to widescreen?

Well, the camera usage went up again even though I did not use it in the last 6 hours. It now shows 44% battery usage has gone to the camera. The camera is in 4:3 mode.

The settings seem to stick from the UI's view point. So what's next?

Back
Top Bottom