• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 42 Days In, Prognosis: The HTC ONE V Is Pure Garbage

Sounds like you got a bad device.

Sounds to me he tried retaining stock expecting the phone not waiver when using other apps.Thing is unless you remove significant apps equating to those that constantly run in the background what your trying to do is not going to agree causing a lag like experience when its just forementioned nothing else

Sounds to me he tried retaining stock expecting the phone not waiver when using other apps.Thing is unless you remove significant apps equating to those that constantly run in the background what your trying to do is not going to agree causing a lag like experience when its just forementioned nothing else

Cannot agree more. Depends on what is running, some of the apps, HTC gesture takes alot of cpu use, so does some of those useless background apps. Settings>Developer Options>Background process limit> check anything but Standard limit. Unfortunately, it reverted to Standard limit upon reboot unless you found an app to tweak it.

bun

What do you expect from an entry level phone?? If you want something very fast etc..then you will need too spend the cash too get it!

Rich you're right. I'm meeting up with a friend of mine next weekend who just spent $170 on a new phone that he likes. I'll be checking it out to see if that's the next phone for me.

Rich you're right. I'm meeting up with a friend of mine next weekend who just spent $170 on a new phone that he likes. I'll be checking it out to see if that's the next phone for me.

Cool.

I actually think the One V is a great phone,mainly because of the build quality,it's great!!

Reporting back:

I met up with my friend. The phone he just bought was the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE.

Let me tell you, that phone blew the HTC One V out to water.

We were setting in the car in a ferry parking lot and needed to find another ferry in the New York area and he and I both tried to do this by our phones, of course. So we are talking about the same signal and Virgin Mobile, and 3G. 4G was not available in this area for his phone.

I could barely get my phone to even pull up a webpage before he figured everything out and we were on the way.

This phone sucks in regard to it's processor and bloated programs. That's all there is to it. It's great for low level use. But if you are on the go and need information fast for travel purposes, forget it. You're better off asking a bum off the street.

Reporting back:

I met up with my friend. The phone he just bought was the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE.

Let me tell you, that phone blew the HTC One V out to water.

We were setting in the car in a ferry parking lot and needed to find another ferry in the New York area and he and I both tried to do this by our phones, of course. So we are talking about the same signal and Virgin Mobile, and 3G. 4G was not available in this area for his phone.

I could barely get my phone to even pull up a webpage before he figured everything out and we were on the way.

This phone sucks in regard to it's processor and bloated programs. That's all there is to it. It's great for low level use. But if you are on the go and need information fast for travel purposes, forget it. You're better off asking a bum off the street.

based on experience, rom space is important, but not as much as chip speed. At the top is ram.
anything less than 1gb of ram will lag badly.

I think the problem is that this phone has to low hardware for the newer OS. Mine is slow as dog sh!t too. Had it for 6 months. it was fine at first.

i use two programs, fast reboot and all in one toolbox, to keep cleaning ram and cache, in order to keep my phones relatively quick.

Back
Top Bottom