• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help *#*#4636#*#* vs Airplane Mode?

lburgguy

What's the difference between doing an Airplane mode procedure and the *#*#4636#*#* procedure? Are they doing the same thing? Thanks!

with airplane mode you actually shut off the data so you won't receive anything. if you use *#*#4636#*#* and switch the radio to cdma only instead of cdma auto (which is the default), you can make your phone use 2g instead of 3g. this will extend your battery life a lot and you won't miss out on data.

I was referring to the fix that fixes the excessive drain on the battery when it states "Time without a Signal". I have my TWAS at 0% and I think I've achieved it both ways. And yes, this is a verified problem on my phone because otherwise I'd be upwards of 50% TWAS.

well, when i first purchased the phone i read up a lot on it through many forums. and most of them have stated that the TWAS was caused due to spotty 3g connection. the phone keeps trying to pick up a 3g signal. now both the airplane mode and *#*#4636#*#* will solve this issue. BUT the airplane mode will shut off both 2g and 3g. you won't receive any data at all. with *#*#4636#*#* you can switch your phone to use just 2g and your phone will stop actively searching for a 3g signal. i hope i'm understanding your question correctly...haha

Well what I have done is this: I booted my phone back up, went into Airplane mode for like 2 seconds, turned off airplane mode and my TWAS is 0% all day. So I don't think it takes it long at all and doing the airplane mode trick sure is a lot easier than the other way. I was simply checking to see if what I was doing was right. BTW, yes, my phone does have over 50% TWAS without the Airplane mode trick. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom