• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4ext recovery error causes reboot?

dylan5188

Lurker
I just wanted to install the clockmod recovery in order to flash a new rom. (My phone wont download anything I thought the version is too old) Since my phone was rooted, I just went straight to download the 4 ext recovery and installed it as this video showed How to install 4ext recovery in Android phones HD - YouTube
everything was OK until the very last step, which is restarting the phone and get into to boot loader? I forgot to uncheck the fast boot, so repeated to run 4ext and restart the phone many times. after unckecked the the fastboot first time, I successfully got into the boot loader but it didnn't alow me to make the recovery there is only one option, (hit the power to something I cant remember) so nothing changed this time. Then I repeated it once more, this time it turns out two option, to update or not, then I hit the update, finally it shows me to hit power to reboot.. everything in my phone is gone now except the rom manager and super user apps.
But everything in sd card is still there, just the phone couldnt recognized the card now....

What can I do now???

I can see the old apps are in the sdcard through computer, but nothing showed up on the phone. Is there anyway to get those things out?

im not sure i understand the prollem... does your phone boot completely?

or are you just not able to access recovery?

when you update the PD98IMG, does the phone update partitions,or just show a status bar,then ask you to reboot?

last and not least,how was your phone initially rooted?

Back
Top Bottom