• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G icon still showing after turning off mobile network

I am pretty sure that, back when I had my HTC One X on a sense ROM, the network type indicator would stay on whether I had mobile data turned on or not. An easy way to check is to try and load a web-page, or do anything with data, and see if it will work. I'm assuming you're talking about turning off mobile data, and not airplane mode, which would completely turn off the cell radio all together.

Upvote 0
I have never had this issue, when Mobile Data is toggled off, the mobile data (4G, 3G, 1X) symbol goes away completely from the notification bar, as well as when WiFi is connected. Is the mobile network actually turning off? If you go to the settings menu and look at it does it say "Turning off...", "Turning On...", Connect to the Internet", "Connected" or something else under the words Mobile network in the menu?

Reactions: GuitarG20
Upvote 0
The network is off, yes, because if I open up the browser I will get an error saying the network isn't on. It does not do this all the time. I use the mobile widget to toggle the mobile network on and off. That always works, it is just that sometimes (not very often), the 4G indicator stays on up in the notification bar. Right by the signal strength bar indicator.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones