• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5.0 Lollipop for Z970?

This phone is getting soon any firmware update to 5.0 lollipop?
I have contacted both T-Mobile and ZTE and the results were mixed, T-Mobile doesn't think that it will but ZTE said the ZMAX will be getting it soon because they were testing it August 11,2015 on their phones. So I would suggest to just wait and see what happens or you can root and flash Cyanogenmod OS to it.

I have contacted both T-Mobile and ZTE and the results were mixed, T-Mobile doesn't think that it will but ZTE said the ZMAX will be getting it soon because they were testing it August 11,2015 on their phones. So I would suggest to just wait and see what happens or you can root and flash Cyanogenmod OS to it.

Can't root my phone because i have build number B12. I just hope they launch the lollipop 5.0 on the Zmax

Just got this notification anyone know what it is?
uploadfromtaptalk1441753206494.png

my understanding is this phone is a test run on the cheaper services to see if this company can provide a device premium enough for the premium carriers, but cheap enough to be profitable.

I think this is further supported by the spontaneous locking down of our devices and the polls ran on Google plus many months ago by the company itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if our exact handset is released as a different device, but with hidden options fully activated.

Don't count on getting lollipop. They are coming out with the zmax 2 now with 5.1 lollipop. Its basically the same phone except the screen and battery are a little smaller and the back of the phone looks a little different. Bet they will just start selling the zmax 2 for metro and T-Mobile instead of updating the zmax. They would rather have you buy a new phone so they can make more money than spend money updating a phone that is discontinued.
But since the phones are almost identical, if someone manages to get root for the zmax 2 we might be able to use the zmax 2 lollipop ROM on the zmax. But only if your zmax can be rooted so if you are on the b10 b12 b13 or b33 firmwares this won't help you.

Back
Top Bottom