• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 5.1.1 ROMS use 3G when in gsm/wcdma mode?

biledigger

OK. I am currently running pacrom 5.1.1 and have a question about our data connection.

Is there any way to remove the 3G based connection from our custom ROMs to where we only use 4G and 4GLTE?

I know we have 2G/edge as well. Hush. We need this for roaming.

I am pretty sure the 3g and 4g connections are on the same "base". I've heard 4g referred to as 3.5g before for such reason.

Then how come the 3G is about 4 MBS slower than the 4g?

My daughter streams YouTube and my son watches Netflix on my phone. When it switches to 3g it lags all to hell.

Then how come the 3G is about 4 MBS slower than the 4g?

My daughter streams YouTube and my son watches Netflix on my phone. When it switches to 3g it lags all to hell.
Its the same technology/type. As aforementioned, 4g is just an extension of 3g. If you disable 3g on your phone it will also disable 4g. I have experienced this personally. Wikipedia would probably offer a much better explanation.

Its the same technology/type. As aforementioned, 4g is just an extension of 3g. If you disable 3g on your phone it will also disable 4g. I have experienced this personally. Wikipedia would probably offer a much better explanation.
Why even bother sometimes. I gave up on it

OK. I am currently running pacrom 5.1.1 and have a question about our data connection.

Is there any way to remove the 3G based connection from our custom ROMs to where we only use 4G and 4GLTE?

I know we have 2G/edge as well. Hush. We need this for roaming.
Go to dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* , then phone info, then switch your data connection to LTE/WCDMA, then press the home button. Hopefully this gets the desired results you are looking for. If this helps, you can buy me a beer or coffee, depending on how my day is going.

Back
Top Bottom