• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 5.1.1 update.zip here

Nintendo1889

Android Enthusiast
Here's the update.zip for metropcs ota update that my phone was sent this week, if it will help rom developers. It's 5.1.1, build LMY47V but I can't tell if it's .d or .e.

https://mega.nz/#!AR5jSKTa!4G9-yO84Nv-D_ou6Y47HsKgG3apSuAfj93GrNplyEdA

Has anyone found a way to permanently disable updates or update notifications without freezing the update center?

metadata:

post-build=MetroPCS/c50_mpcs_us/c50:5.1.1/LMY47V/151671739a00f:user/release-keys
post-timestamp=1434444117
pre-build=MetroPCS/c50_mpcs_us/c50:5.0.2/LRX22G/15107115412f5:user/release-keys
pre-device=c50

Everyone needs to know that all the updates on this phone won't lock the bootloader. I started on 10b and now on 10d. The bootloader is still unlockable
I rooted my phone the first time with the LG root tool. This time I did it with King root. Don't worry about root and bootloaders.

Can you flash this on top of Cm art doing the necessary wiping?
No.. They are patch files, which means you would need the actual apks in the first place.
Even if you went through all the trouble to copy every single apk from stock to cm, it still wouldn't work because it wasn't made for cm.

For those who don't want to update yet, you can disable OTA updates in the phone's hidden menu. You can access it by entering 277634#*# in the phone app. Navigate to the wifi section of the menu and you should see the option of OTA updates.

For those who don't want to update yet, you can disable OTA updates in the phone's hidden menu. You can access it by entering 277634#*# in the phone app. Navigate to the wifi section of the menu and you should see the option of OTA updates.
Make a thread. I'll ask Sammy to sticky it.

Can't flash this over my stock backup. Says I have a different version software but its the 5.0.2 that came out the box. Amd yes its Metro. Also I'm not sure it can be done with twrp?

Can't flash this over my stock backup. Says I have a different version software but its the 5.0.2 that came out the box. Amd yes its Metro. Also I'm not sure it can be done with twrp?
What? If you have modified any part of your system or recovery it won't work. The only people who can even flash this are people whom are stock rooted with stock recovery, and that's only if they haven't modified/removed anything in system.

What? If you have modified any part of your system or recovery it won't work. The only people who can even flash this are people whom are stock rooted with stock recovery, and that's only if they haven't modified/removed anything in system.
That makes sense...I've done all of that. Idky but I wanted to try out stock 5.1.1 and there's really no reason to as nothing I had issues with out of the box are fixed.
Thanks

Everyone needs to know that all the updates on this phone won't lock the bootloader. I started on 10b and now on 10d. The bootloader is still unlockable
I rooted my phone the first time with the LG root tool. This time I did it with King root. Don't worry about root and bootloaders.

OK, so we can still install twrp or another recovery on 5.1.1?

Back
Top Bottom