• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5.1 update is here

jhawkkw

Chinchillin'
Looks like some US versions have received the update to 5.1:

Developer/Unlocked: 2.8.617.4 (7/3/2015)

Verizon: TBD

AT&T: 2.6.502.16 (7/15/2015)

Sprint: 2.6.651.11 (7/1/2015)

T-Mobile: TBD

Last edited:
Just flashed the firmware of the 5.1 Developer/Unlocked version & VIPER 3.0 (5.1 Based).
My phone is a Developer Edition,but,I'm going to attempt to flash the T-Mobile (U.S.) firmware over it & hopefully,WI-FI Calling will be enabled. (If this won't work &/or is not recommended,by all means,anyone out tere feel free to chime in)
The option is there in the ROM (T-Mobile Tweaks via AROMA Installer),but,the setttings don't stick.

The T-Mobile (U.S.) update is rumored (@XDA) to be released on 7/17/15.

Anyone got ETA's/availability for the official international variants?

I just received the 5.1 update notice on my Sprint version. Flashing now.

Hey Sik, any signs of this in the final release: http://androidforums.com/threads/screen-color-temperature.924031/
(MOD note; might be worthy of a thread merge)

Or was that just a rumor or idea HTC had that didn't make the final bake in?

Or any sign on the Dev edition?

(Depending how well it works and how advanced it is) If they added this color/temperature modification feature to the bare/base system I might be able to get on board with this phone finally. It might help counter act the display manufacturer roulette wheel.

Hey Sik, any signs of this in the final release: http://androidforums.com/threads/screen-color-temperature.924031/

(Depending how well it works and how advanced it is) If they added this color/temperature modification feature to the bare/base system I might be able to get on board with this phone finally. It might help counter act the display manufacturer roulette wheel.

I've got it on the 5.1 based VIPER ROM 3.0:

TwPEXy2l.jpg

As you stated,YMMV depending on personal preferences/mfg of display/etc...you'd probably wanna check it out before you leave the store w/the phone.

Mine looks just fine & the M9 in general is aging like a good wine,getting better every day........
JMHO,the M9 is the complete package w/VIPER on-board,I hope HTC takes cues from it for future releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup it is there on the stock Rom.

I've got it on the 5.1 based VIPER ROM 3.0:
TwPEXy2l.jpg

As you stated,YMMV depending on personal preferences/mfg of display/etc...you'd probably wanna check it out before you leave the store w/the phone.

Mine looks just fine & the M9 in general is aging like a good wine,getting better every day........
JMHO,the M9 is the complete package w/VIPER on-board,I hope HTC takes cues from it for future releases.

Thanks
Total luck of the draw on the display thing. Out of the box some are bright white and cool appearing calibration, while others are not as bright and yellowy appearing calibration.
I'm sensitive to the differences
Glad you have one that has been satisfactory for your eye

Yup it is there on the stock Rom.
Thanks!
I was at a Sprint store today trying to determine if color temp settings was part of the update. They are clueless there. The store sales floor phones showed no available updates but were only on 5.0.2 or something.
The demo phones must be on modified software to run their commercials 24/7

One of their demo phones is yellowy and one is not. I would love to see the update on both and be able to interchange their display attributes, it would be proof of concept and put my fears to rest.

The color temperature setting HTC has included does not look very robust though and the chances of it being able to simply switch them around equally with one simple slider doesn't seem very likely.
The variable slider IS a little better than Samsung's 4 preset modes.
I'd love to see an advanced mode native to the system without the need for some extra application

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom