• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5 or 10 dolars data plan to make it work on a g1?

pctek

Apr 3, 2010
I got a used black g1 firmware 1.6, and if I remember right there is or was a trick to type in some settings info of something called apn or something like that with a old iphone 2g I had long time ago that was unlocked to work with my tmobile, where I can get the cheap 5 or 10 dollar web service and make it work where i can get internet rather than the 30 data plan.

Does anyone know how to make that work for the g1 thanks?

tell the company you have some really cheap phone like some old motorola and say you want unlimited internet on it. since they think you have an old phone that doesn't use much bandwidth they will give you the cheap plan and you will have unlimited internet use
I did this with AT&T and it worked forever, until I decided to upgrade to a Captivate

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones