• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5 Questions

jpzsports

1. I'm trying to improve the speed of the keyboard. Typing fast on it often causes lag. Few thoughts:
- I have the Swype keyboard enabled (although not set as my default since I still prefer the standard keyboard). Would disabling Swype (so that it doesn't appear as an Input method) improve performance of my typing?
- Does having the haptic feedback enabled cause a slowdown?
- Any other thoughts on how to improve it's speed?
2. Everytime I turn on my phone and turn on Wi-Fi, it tries to sync Google Contacts even though I have Automatic Sync disabled. Is there any way to stop it from doing this besides disabling my Google account on my phone?
3. Everytime it does a Google Contacts sync, I lose my Favorites (contacts). Any fixes?
4. Has anyone found a fix to prevent all your Facebook contacts from appearing in the dialer or when composing a text message besides disabling FB and using SyncMyPix app?
- When using SyncMyPix, all the contact photos are pixelated. Any fix?
5. Is there any way to remove Visual VM without rooting?

Thanks

1. I'm trying to improve the speed of the keyboard. Typing fast on it often causes lag. Few thoughts:
- I have the Swype keyboard enabled (although not set as my default since I still prefer the standard keyboard). Would disabling Swype (so that it doesn't appear as an Input method) improve performance of my typing?
- Does having the haptic feedback enabled cause a slowdown?
- Any other thoughts on how to improve it's speed?
2. Everytime I turn on my phone and turn on Wi-Fi, it tries to sync Google Contacts even though I have Automatic Sync disabled. Is there any way to stop it from doing this besides disabling my Google account on my phone?
3. Everytime it does a Google Contacts sync, I lose my Favorites (contacts). Any fixes?
4. Has anyone found a fix to prevent all your Facebook contacts from appearing in the dialer or when composing a text message besides disabling FB and using SyncMyPix app?
- When using SyncMyPix, all the contact photos are pixelated. Any fix?
5. Is there any way to remove Visual VM without rooting?

Thanks

1. Probably not. Disabling the haptic feedback improved mine.
2. When Wi-Fi is on try going into settings and disabling it, see if that works.
3.Not sure sorry:(
4.Not sure sorry:(
5. Nope

I am fairly certain that haptic feedback slows down the keyboard - it seemed to in 1.5 - but an easy test is to turn it off and see if you notice any difference.

3) If you mean the ones that show up in the people widget, then try setting the "starred" group within your gmail account. Once I did that, my people widget started to behave.

Thanks for the help everyone...
I'm still having issues with:

Is this happening to anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom