• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

64GB MicroSD XC card at Fry's

64GB cards work just fine in the Rezound, although if the file system is not the correct type (FAT32) it will need to be reformatted before use, and he phone doesn't have the capability of formatting it anymore (GB yes, ICS no). If it is not recognized and usable out of the package it will need to be formatted in a external device, like in a PC with a card reader, with a FAT32 file system. Also note that Win7 and newer OSs don't have an option to do that, so an external formatting tool will have to be used or an older version of Windows like XP.

Upvote 0
64GB cards work just fine in the Rezound, although if the file system is not the correct type (FAT32) it will need to be reformatted before use, and he phone doesn't have the capability of formatting it anymore (GB yes, ICS no). If it is not recognized and usable out of the package it will need to be formatted in a external device, like in a PC with a card reader, with a FAT32 file system. Also note that Win7 and newer OSs don't have an option to do that, so an external formatting tool will have to be used or an older version of Windows like XP.

Forgive me of my ignorance, I have one of these cards 64gb, which I formatted to FAT32in my XP machine that has a card reader. However when I either look at the properties of the card while in my PC or Rezound it only shows up as a 32gb. Are there any other ideas you could send my way. TIA

Never mind I put it in my phone and unmounted then erased it, once it remounted it showed up as the correct size.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones