• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

8" Apad A8 (1Ghz A8, 512MB, 2.2, 4:3 Resistive) $162+shipping

jtbnet

Android Enthusiast
So many folks have been asking about inexpensize (~$150-$200) tablets and while I was ordering a BT Keyboard from a China Site I noticed they sold this one at a good price;

aPad A8: Android2.2 Tablet PC,MID,Flash10.1, Wifi ,8 Touch Screen , 1 GHz ARM CPU , 512MB DDR2 RAM, 1080P, Multi-task [E391] - US$161.90 : Ankaka.com

This looks to be the Same tablet as the Feescale iMX515 A8 tablet others have questioned only Cheaper... Freescale A8 at EcargoOnline ($216)

http://www.ecargoonline.com/android...le iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor Tablet PC M8003

And Freescale A8 at JTShop.com ($182)

Freescale IMX515 MID , Android 2.2 , 8 inches , G-Sensor ,Flash XPAD X8 Freescale IMX515 MID , Android 2.2 , 8 inches , G-Sensor [XPAD-X8] - $182.00 : JTSHOP

I have not actually touched either of these tablets so can't comment honestly on quality or performance... but based on the specs provided these would be a good base for what I would call reasonable for a decent low cost tablet.

Hopefully others who may have already purchased one of these can comment more on quality, performance and out-of-box useability.

I added the JTShop link as that is one of the suppliers I've used Very Successfully from China in the past and they have great support forum for products they sell... for example for the Freescale A8

Xpad X8/Apad A8 IMX515

though that particular device forum seems kind of quiet compared to some others on the site like for the ZT-180 ARM11 tablets...

I just bought one of those, works fairly well. I have two questions about it:

1. How do I put it into "screen-off" mode? With my Droid, there's a top button that turns screen off and locks all buttons except the top one. What should I do with the A-pad when I'm not using it, without turning the whole thing off?

2. I'm having a tough time doing the click and drag motion on that screen. I don't mind re-trying a couple of times when I need to click something, but I'm really having a tough time doing simple click and drag movements, such as moving a desktop icon to trash bin. Is there something I'm missing, such as a "method" I didn't know about? Or does everyone else have that problem too?

Thanks.

I just bought one of those, works fairly well. I have two questions about it:

1. How do I put it into "screen-off" mode? With my Droid, there's a top button that turns screen off and locks all buttons except the top one. What should I do with the A-pad when I'm not using it, without turning the whole thing off?

2. I'm having a tough time doing the click and drag motion on that screen. I don't mind re-trying a couple of times when I need to click something, but I'm really having a tough time doing simple click and drag movements, such as moving a desktop icon to trash bin. Is there something I'm missing, such as a "method" I didn't know about? Or does everyone else have that problem too?

Thanks.

Also being more used to my Droid1 with cpacative screen when I use a resistive screen like the A8 I find I really need to use at least a fingernail if not an actual stylus to do most drag or long press/no jitter movements on the resistive screen unlike on the capacative screens I have on other devices...

Did you try a short press on the power button to see if that would sleep it like the Droid? that works on multiple devices I have but one seems to not distinguish between short and long press on power and will just bring up the 'Power Off?' popup...

Also being more used to my Droid1 with cpacative screen when I use a resistive screen like the A8 I find I really need to use at least a fingernail if not an actual stylus to do most drag or long press/no jitter movements on the resistive screen unlike on the capacative screens I have on other devices...

Did you try a short press on the power button to see if that would sleep it like the Droid? that works on multiple devices I have but one seems to not distinguish between short and long press on power and will just bring up the 'Power Off?' popup...

Instead of a button, the tablet comes with a "power switch". I tried the equivalent of "short pressing", which is switching the system off and on real quickly, the screen went blank - you can see the backlight, but it's just white and blank. I tried powering the system on and off, and it still wouldn't do anything. I stuck a needle in the "Reset" hole and it rebooted. In the future the system crashes and if the needle doesn't work, is there a trick that's equivalent of "taking out the battery for a few seconds and putting it back in?"

Also, the "auto-rotate off" option doesn't seem to work. With the auto-rotate off, the home screen would rotate anyway, and all "menu" systems are done horizontally, even if I turned it off while the system's vertical and I'm holding the system vertically.

Please help.
Thanks,

Also, I'm having trouble syncing a Google Calendar. I've made sure my Google account is in the "accounts" setting. But in the Sync setting, I don't see "Calendar" option.

I've got one of these pads too ... at first it was little bit below my expectations, but after a few ROM upgrades it works quite good.

Freescale IMX515

there are still a few issues at the moment, google calendar and contacts wont sync. the sensors are off (they work the other way around after the ROM upgrade), and well yeah maybe the screen lock issue (not a very big problem for me atm).

also I got five home screens on this which baffled me little bit, cause on my phone I got seven ? what gives ?

Hey guys, i want to buy a 7" or 8" tablet pc for my nephew as a brithday present, and i have a

budget on $200-250, he likes playing games, so it's better be come with 3D game and G-

sensor.maybe a android 2.3 OS,and he want a camera on it....
actually, i have found something seems reasonable online, there're two devices both are <a

href="http://www.spemall.com/Android-2-3-Tablet-PC_c.html">android 2.3 tablets</a>,and one for

7": http://www.spemall.com/7-Inch-Capacitive...sor_g.html with Samsung S5PV210 A8

Processor,capacitive touch screen.
and the other one is 8: http://www.spemall.com/High-Resolution-8...sor_g.html
Maybe i should take the 8" one? it seems better for game players?
So could you give me some suggestions or any other recommendations here pls? thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom