• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 8gb or 16gb?

pmbgrp

Lurker
I have finally decided to go unlocked and pretty sure I am going with the Moto G 2015. For the specs it looks good. I am hoping the camera takes good pictures as that is second on my list of needs. First is call quality. Now my concern is should I get a 8gb or 16gb? I am reading so many conflicting stories. Info on my use: I don't do gaming at all. I surf, talk, text and take pics. That's about it. Currently on my iPhone 6 I have over 6K pics. I know I can add an sd card to the Moto so that should help some. Money isn't an issue with the decision on storage size but I don't want to pay if it's not necessary. Thoughts?

Don't forget that the actual usable space will be much less. I don't know how much will really be available but it won't be the full 8 or 16GB.

Get the 16 ;)

It's incredible how the reviews out there vary on the 8gb and 16gb. If I use a 32gb sd card and only use about 20 apps (banking/social media) couldn't the 8gb be enough?

If the apps you use don't take up a lot of storage you might be OK with 8GB. I'd still recommend 16GB unless you know the 8GB model will be enough over the life of the phone.

I made a mistake goingreviews
e 8Gb version. Don't do gaming either, but many apps can't (apparently) be moved to 2nd memory, so I have lots of space on that - with virtually nothing available on original 8Gb. Good phone overall. Camera very average - limited features, so if these would be important to you I'd check out some reviews before deciding
http://m.dpreview.com/reviews

I had an 8GB Moto g 4 g and moved al the apps that were moveable to the sd card were my music, photos, videos etc were as well. I only had about 2.5GB free. I now have a 16GB Moto g third gen and haven't moved any apps yet and still have nearly 9GB free

But it's the 2GB of ram that makes the most difference. This phone is very much faster than the old one.

Yes it does.

If the phone has Android 6 and Flex, then he can use the SD card as internal storage. Then he won't have to worry about the 8GB not being enough space or worry about whether he can move apps on to the SD card.

What is Android 6 Flex?
Does it have anything to do with Moto G3?
I am sure he is referring to Marshmallow's "Flex Storage" as some call it, where you can configure the SD card as Adopted (Internal) Storage or Portable (External) storage. And yes, the Moto G 2015 with stock Marshmallow fully supports it.

Let's not forget that 8gb version only has 1gb ram!! For an extra 30$ its a no brainer!!!

Back
Top Bottom