• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A 5% 'Employee Health Fee' On Restaurant Bill

That charge should be included in the price of the meal. Why not put a cleaning fee or a plumbing fee or electric fee. I'd not be back to any restaurant that had an added fee beyond the price of the meal. That's extortion and I'm sure it would be quickly taken off the bill if properly disputed.

I understand that the expense of being in business must be satisfied by the customer base. However, I should not be expected to pay more than the menu item's price unless the gouge is clearly represented prior to ordering. That is the price I agreed to pay for the meal and service. It is a contract.

One of the things that really bothers me about restaurant wages is, if tips don't bring the employee up to the minimum wage, the employer is suppose to pay the employee the difference. I'm sure if an employee did that, they wouldn't get any more hours.

At least the cost of using plastic was passed onto the consumer using the card. I always pay cash and more often than not pay that fee with my bill though there was no expense for the merchant to satisfy.

Paying cash for stuff these days doesn't make sense with the rewards credit cards out there. Seriously, there is so much free money out there as long as you pay your credit card bill off in full every month which we do. My wife uses her Hilton Amex for everything. We were in Hawaii this summer for 8 days. We didn't pay a dime for the room because of points. It would have cost us $4,800.00 if we had to actually pay for it. This weekend we stayed at a 5 star hotel in Nashville ( https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/bnaleci-conrad-nashville/?SEO_id=GMB-AMER-CN-BNALECI&y_source=1_Mjc3MjkzMTgtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU= ) didn't pay a dime for that room either. I use a Bank of America cash rewards card. Every month the money I earn back goes straight in a savings account there, I have around we 20k in it, all free money.

Yep: we have ONE credit card; buy almost everything with it; and pay off the balance every month. We earn 2% cash back on all of it and have never paid a penny in interest. Credit card companies hate people like us and call us "deadbeats" because we cost them money instead of making them money. Kudos to Mr. & Mrs. @treb1797

Back
Top Bottom