• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root a bunch of phones: reverb,htc1v,motoTriumph,Optimus V

bunanson

My wife and I were using MotoTriumph and Optimus V; we were very happy about the phones, doing all kinds of customROM/root, lots of fun. months ago, we up our phones to Reverb and HTC One V; both phones are, we thought, better phones than MotoTriumph or OpV; larger screen, running jelly bean instead of gingerbread, a notch higher end phones, etc... True, but there is a problem, both HTC OneV and Reverb have horrible reception, the phones wont ring inside the house! Cant dial out, cant receive call, cant use either phones inside the house.

Current situations, HTC OneV is running slimbean 3.1, rooted, tether working. But inside the house, dead, I have to go to the window ALL THE TIME. Reverb, running partytime 2.5 (4.1.2, jelly bean), rooted, no tether. Same as HTC One V, inside the house, dead, has to constantly stay close to window. I never would imagine, the motoTriumph and Op V's radio is soooo much superior!

Questions:

1) Is there anything one can do to the signal strength? any software signal enhancement apps? I doubt it.

2) If I have to go back to my old phones, I probably would drop the reverb and pick up op v again. Or should I drop the HTC one V and pick up MotoTriumph? Is that your choice? Cannot believe I have to drop a jelly bean, and pick up a gingerbread because of poor reception :(
Any suggestions?

TIA,

bun

Mod: sorry, post in the wrong section, dont have privilege to move around, please put it to the section not about root. Sorry :(

bun

No apps for better reception - none that actually work, anyway.

Maybe this is too obvious a question, but are all those phones running on the same network? Virgin uses the Sprint network which doesn't have the greatest coverage in some places.

My old house I had to go outside and up the hill about 50 yards to get a reliable signal! But all that changed obviously when I moved back to civilization.

Yes, they all are running virgin mobile. and I am now consider switch at least one phone back to either OpV or MT, I probably will drop Reverb as HTC has a real FM radio and is currently tether. But the Reverb speakphone is much loader than the HTC, i have not been able to make reverb tether yet. I am sad that I have to settle with gingerbread than jellybean because of reception signal. Have not make the move yet, waiting for some .... miracle :)?

bun

This sounds like a good idea. I heard about it, and never learn anything about it, I will take a look...

bun

Back
Top Bottom