• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A couple of issues

D

dyrelogan

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has been having these issues? I don't know if it is a live wallpaper I have been using and all of a sudden it went haywire and started shutting off my screen on its own (which I finally disabled and uninstalled), or if my device has been broken due to lollipop. I have had zero issues with my Nexus 7 before lollipop. Now, after lollipop I am having this issue, as well as screen rotation sometimes locking in landscape mode.

I know some of you might think it might be a rogue app, but it locked in landscape mode after trying to view a video about an app in the app store. So, unless it is the app store that's defective and needing an update, then I have no idea what to do. Also, videos do not play in the app store. You hear a sound and then it stops as if the video was complete or maybe the wifi is not that great. I have no idea what is going on. Before lollipop I was having zero issues. After the update, I can no longer view videos of apps in the app store. Weird.

I was thinking of doing a factory reset, but after reading about others having my issues, I doubt that will fix them. Is anyone having these problems? And what is with the auto rotate issue? I had this problem on my Droid Maxx and found out it was a rogue app, but this is happening in the Google Play Store. Only thing that fixes it is a complete shut down of the Nexus 7 and turning it back on. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Both my 2012 and 2013 N7's were wonky after 5.0. Rotation freezes, app locks, random reboots. I did the factory data resets on both and they work great now. If you aren't rooted, it's a good time and you can backup your apps and data (without root) and restore them (after you reset and root). I did that on my 2012 (my son's) because he didn't want to lose all of his game accomplishments.

Back
Top Bottom