• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple of questions after the 2.2 upgrade

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
1. I no longer seem to get any alert when I receive a new email. Is there still an alert option?

2. When I click on email, I can see my verizon emails but not my gmail emails. How do I view my gmail account too?

Which email app are you using? 'Email'? or 'Gmail'? Use the gmail app for gmail and the email app for all other emails. Also, if you're already in Gmail, press menu> accounts. That should take you to see all of the accounts on gmail if you have multiple ones.

Okay, I've figured out how to access my Gmail. (I forgot about the Gmail icon). But what about getting an alert when a new email shows up? How do I turn that on again?

I did everything that the post below suggested. I downloaded SWUpgrade and its patch, and the stock firmware, deleted the md5 extension so it ends in .tar, and even reinstalled the samsung usb driver for windows 32. Everything works fine until I get to the downloading window on the intercept and the "plug the cable into the phone and computer to detect the usb driver". At that point nothing happens, the downloading bar on the phone remains unchanged and the SWUpdate screen just shows blue arrows.

What else do I need to do to flash the stock ROM?

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian
See post #2

so....flashing back to 2.1?

Everything works fine until I get to the downloading window on the intercept and the "plug the cable into the phone and computer to detect the usb driver". At that point nothing happens, the downloading bar on the phone remains unchanged and the SWUpdate screen just shows blue arrows.

What else do I need to do to flash the stock ROM?

Rich,

At the risk of insulting your intelligence, once you connected the cable, you did see the USB symbol in the notification bar and did pull down the bar and mount the phone, right?

Does the phone show up as a drive on the computer once you've done that?

If not, there are a ton of threads on here about possible problems connecting phone and computer.

Thanks, I figured out what to do. The SWUpdate program didn't work in XP SP3 but worked perfectly in WIN 7. Don't know why but I found this on the PDA developer's forum. Also I took the battery out and used the USB cable for power, downloaded the drivers through SWUpdate, and then flashed the ROM without a problem.

I thought I read that the USB cable in download mode doesn't use the same driver as when moving files by mounting the memory card in Windows. Anyway, I managed to flash the Sprint 2.1 ROM which is nice but has some features like Sprint Hotspot that I can't use with VM. I couldn't find the 2.1 VM ROM. Does anyone know where it is? Or should I just keep the Sprint? Everything seems to work fine with Sprint (that I qualify for) and it upgraded to 2.2 witiout a hitch.

Rich

Rich,

At the risk of insulting your intelligence, once you connected the cable, you did see the USB symbol in the notification bar and did pull down the bar and mount the phone, right?

Does the phone show up as a drive on the computer once you've done that?

If not, there are a ton of threads on here about possible problems connecting phone and computer.

I'm still not able to find the alert that will put an email icon on my home screen when I get a new email. I tried looking in the menu and settings when in the email program, but that didn't seem to be where it's located. Anyone know? Maybe it's no longer an option?

Back
Top Bottom