• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cattle

Lurker
Jun 13, 2012
Hello, I've had a free soft bricked c811 for a while now a friend gave me to try and repair. He had rooted and modified build prop for something related to cpu and it would boot past the "Now loading" splash and black screen. No recovery installed or accessible, no fastboot accessible to my knowledge; quite thoroughly bricked. Phone shows up as simply "Android" usb device after boot. Looking for a driver.

I read the post about using qpst to partition the eMMC and flash from there, but the phone isn't showing up as a qualcomm recovery yet so the boot isn't bricked to all hell quite yet. Looking for a finger in the right direction to exploit whatever is showing up over usb. Any ideas?

Update: installed c811 drivers Willster419 posted today under the compilation and adb showed up; all downhill from there! Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: space_cat

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones