• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A-d-s now keeps appearing

david9

Lurker
When I turn my phone on, I suddenly now keep getting requests to look at adverts. The header of each of these is
"Google m5jn.hedsparthetretr.info"
My phone is a Moto G5 running android 7.0
I can find refs to this problem on the internet but these relate to PCs running Windows, not android phones.
I have installed and run AVG, and Malwarebytes but neither show up any malware.
I have looked at the apps in my settings but cannot see anything untoward listed.
Can anyone advise me how I get rid of this nuisance please?
Thanks

Fixed thread title as it was preventing folks using ad blockers from responding. Not anything you did OP, just a forum bug.

Yes, I was using Chrome. But the adverts do not appear within Chrome but on the phone (where the icons are) when I first switch it on or wake it up.

That sounds more like an app pushing the ads. I'd try uninstalling each app on the phone one at a time until you ca isolate which one is pushing the ads.

I have 90 apps on my phone! Also, can I do what you suggest without causing longterm/permanent problems?
Interestingly, as the problem was driving me nuts, I just deleted Chrome: this was because when clicking on these damn adverts, it was Chrome that always loaded up. Since deleting Chrome, none one advert has* appeared (I am now using another browser.) I just wonder if the adverts will reappear if I reinstall Chrome?

When I turn my phone on, I suddenly now keep getting requests to look at adverts. The header of each of these is
"Google m5jn.hedsparthetretr.info"
My phone is a Moto G5 running android 7.0
I can find refs to this problem on the internet but these relate to PCs running Windows, not android phones.
I have installed and run AVG, and Malwarebytes but neither show up any malware.
I have looked at the apps in my settings but cannot see anything untoward listed.
Can anyone advise me how I get rid of this nuisance please?
Thanks
replace host ir delete host
BUT REQUIRES ROOT

Back
Top Bottom