• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A few questions...

Dude45

So I just got the Spirit after my Esteem took a plunge, but I was wondering, since I also got a microsd card, I'd like to know if there's some "rooty" way I can actually use it as primary storage for applications, rather than secondary storage for other things, as the option seems to be non-existent on this device by default
My other question is: is there a way to stop the automatic brightness settings? LG thought it was clever to lower the brightness when the CPU got hot, this is a huge problem for me playing games and such, and if there is a way, is it actually dangerous to keep the backlight on full while the CPU runs hot?

edit:
I DID happen to find a root app that solves the brightness issue, however, I'm still wondering if it's safe to use

1) It's up to the app where it stores its data. Some allow you to store on the external SD card, some don't. Short of rewriting the app, or creating a symlink from the app's storage location to the SD card, there's not much you can do.

2) Keeping the brightness up when the CPU gets hot will probably result in your needing a new motherboard. If the CPPU is getting too hot, either you're playing with the phone (with the CPU speed, most likely, and keeping it too high) or there's a defect somewhere. The phone should be able to run 24/7 in any environment in which you're comfortable without overheating.

1) It's up to the app where it stores its data. Some allow you to store on the external SD card, some don't. Short of rewriting the app, or creating a symlink from the app's storage location to the SD card, there's not much you can do.

2) Keeping the brightness up when the CPU gets hot will probably result in your needing a new motherboard. If the CPPU is getting too hot, either you're playing with the phone (with the CPU speed, most likely, and keeping it too high) or there's a defect somewhere. The phone should be able to run 24/7 in any environment in which you're comfortable without overheating.

I've used many different devices that allow you to completely disable the internet storage and just use the external SD card to store apps by default, this device clearly isn't one of those devices

As for the CPU "heating" issue, I am actually running stock everything as I type this, it's purely a defect with LG phones, and in fact, LG phones are the only devices I've ever come across that give the message "Unable to increase brightness due to overheating!"

unless you want to replace the motherboard every now and again i wouldnt recommend keeping brightness all the way up when your cpu is to hot

Back
Top Bottom