• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A little bit of info on this LTE device

Mr. Ed

Extreme Android User
11-1-11
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-I727MSAATT
Carrier
AT&T
Size
5.15” x 2.75” x 0.37”
Approximately 4.66 oz.
Color
Black
Network
SAR Value: Head 0.30 W/kg
SAR Value: Body 0.85 W/kg
Platform
Android 2.3.5, Gingerbread
CPU
1.5 GHz dual-core processor
Display
800x480 pixels
4.5” display
Super AMOLED™ Plus
Camera
8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
2-megapixel front-facing camera
4x Digital
Memory
16GB of Internal Memory
32GB of External Memory

EDITING THIS 10-7-11 to what I have confirmed

Samsung SGH-i727

original info from Samsung Galaxy S II LTE (Samsung Celox) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Smartphone, Tablet, Netbook, PDA, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications DDatasheet:State: Preliminary specifications
Expected:Release:Date: September, 2011 Actual release date should be 5 weeks from today ..so look for this around Thanksgiving
Project;Codename: Samsung Celox Will be dubbed the Samsung Skyrocket
Browse all devices under Samsung Celox codename
Dimensions: 69.9 x 130.9 x 9.39 millimetres
Mass: 128 grams (battery included)
Software;Environment
Embedded:Operating-System: Google Android 2.3.5 Korean
Browse devices running this OS
Microprocessor,_Chipset
CPU:Clock: 1200 MHz 1.5 snapdragon
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060
Browse devices based on this microprocessor
Memory,-Storage-capacity
RAM-capacity: 1 GiB roughly 889 available RAM
ROM-capacity: 14.9 GiB
Display
Display+Type: Super AM-OLED Plus , 16777216 scales I was told this device will carry the 720 HD screen, no way to verify on the test unit but it looked amazing
Display_Diagonal: 4.5 "
Display:Resolution: 480 x 800 720?
Sound
Microphone(s): mono
Loudspeaker(s): Supported
Audio+Output: 3.5mm
Cellular+Phone
Cellular:Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS900, UMTS2100
Cellular-Data-Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+
Call:Alert: 72 -chord melody
Vibrating-Alert: Supported
Speakerphone;: Supported
Secondary:Cellular+Phone
Dual-Cellular_Network+Operation: Parallel operation
Secondary_Cellular+Networks: LTE 800, LTE 1800, LTE 2600
Secondary+Cellular+Data+Links: LTE
Control;Peripherals
Positioning:Device: Multi-touch screen
Primary:Keyboard: Not supported
Directional_Pad: Not supported
Scroll+Wheel: Not supported
Interfaces
Expansion:Slots: microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash
USB: USB 2.0 client, 480Mbit/s
micro-USB
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0
Wireless;LAN: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
Infrared;Gate: Not supported
Multimedia_Telecommunication
Analog_Radio:Receiver: No information
Digital;Media_Broadcast+Tuner: No information
Satellite:Navigation
Built-in+GPS-module: Supported
Complementary_GPS:Services: Assisted GPS, Geotagging
Built-in+Digital:Camera
Main:Camera: 8 MP
Autofocus+(AF): Supported
Optical_Zoom: 1 x
Macro_Mode: Supported
Built-in+Flash: mobile light (LED)
Secondary-Camera: 1.9 MP
Additional-Details
Built-in_accelerometer: Supported
Battery: removable
Battery-Capacity: 1750 mAh
atabase

Official specs now include an 1850 mAh battery instead of the 1750 originally reported. Hopefully they've tweaked the LTE specs, too, to include US version.

I just hope Verizon isn't as stupid as I think they are, putting all their eggs into a Motorola colored basket.

But I have reason to believe that they won't completely screw us all in the end.

I just re-read this article (yes, it's a slow day at work today):

Exclusive: Verizon passes on GALAXY S II, but 'similar' Samsung phone launching soon

"Verizon Wireless is passing on the Galaxy S II smartphone according to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Thursday. BGR has confirmed with multiple trusted sources that this is accurate — Samsung will not unveil a Verizon-branded GALAXY S II smartphone next week at its New York City launch event on August 29th. Instead, Samsung will take the wraps off of GALAXY S II handsets that will soon launch on T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T. We’re told two of those carriers will maintain the “GALAXY S II” branding but one may offer a unique name for the handset. BGR has also confirmed, however, that Verizon Wireless will soon launch a Samsung device with very similar specifications — as in, nearly identical specifications — but it just won’t be a “GALAXY S II” phone. Perhaps it will be a new DROID device, a possible successor to the Samsung DROID Charge, or perhaps it will be something else entirely. In either case, Verizon Wireless subscribers certainly should not be worried when they don’t see an S II announced for the nation’s No. 1 carrier on Monday."

A couple of things jump out at me, but they're contradictory.

First of all, I highly doubt that the IFA announcement of the LTE SGSII will have anything to do with what is launching on AT&T or any of the other carriers with their pseudo-"4G". Theirs is not true LTE, and it makes no sense that Samsung would announce something on September 1 that they've already announced 2 days previously in the U.S. So I think we can assume that this LTE handset is NOT what what will be announced on August 30 (postponed from the 29th because of Irene.)

Now, the SGSII LTE edition does, in fact sound like a phone with "very similar" and "nearly identical" specifications to the SGSII that the other 3 carriers are getting. So that is a positive development.

HOWEVER, the fact that "it just won't be a 'Galaxy S II' phone" is very troubling. Because the LTE edition to be announced in Berlin is exactly that. So that points to Verizon getting something else entirely.

Add that to the fact that my sister (a verizon employee) texted me that what Verizon would get would be 'superior to the SGSII' also leads me away from the conclusion that Verizon is getting the SGSII, LTE or no LTE.

And there is also the possibility that both BGR and my sister are full of crap.

So I guess we are right back where we started and this post was for naught. Oh well. :(

And P3Droid tweeted today:

if you are on verison you won't be grabbing a GS2
So throw that into the bloody mix we're all drinking.

Edit, edit, edit!!!::

Thread: Verizon Exclusively Launching Prime in October

Prime goodness coming in October?? Who cares about the Celox!!!!

Because the Prime has a crappy rear camera spec (5 MPx vs. what seems to be the new standard of 8 among the other hypothetical smartphones)

I'd luv to get me some Celox action.

8MP on phone camera sensor is nothing more than bragging right due to small sensor size in phone. It doesn't guarantee better picture quality than 5MP as camera lens, imaging processing is more important. Well designed 5MP camera module can deliver better pictures than poorly built 8MP camera module.

Having said that, I also love to see Verizon getting a version of Celox as launch timing for Prime is anyone's guess now.

I am really really hoping to have one of these in hand in the next two weeks

....more to come

So the only difference between the Celox & the regular US SGSII variants is a difference in processor type (not GHz), and LTE?

Holy fragmentation batman!

With the extra time it took Samsung to get the SGSIIs to the US, couldn't they have just thrown in the LTE with the Enyox processor and called it a day?

Also, I read in the orginal rumored specs that its coming with the Super AMOLED +. Is this the same as the Super AMOLED screen that is coming on the Nexus Prime?

I noticed that some of the frequency bands have been leaked. Do these include AT&T?

So the only difference between the Celox & the regular US SGSII variants is a difference in processor type (not GHz), and LTE?

With the extra time it took Samsung to get the SGSIIs to the US, couldn't they have just thrown in the LTE with the Enyox processor and called it a day?

Also, I read in the orginal rumored specs that its coming with the Super AMOLED +. Is this the same as the Super AMOLED screen that is coming on the Nexus Prime?

I noticed that some of the frequency bands have been leaked. Do these include AT&T?

I should have more info soon. The first leaks of bands don't include any US carrier.... but I should know at least one carrier by the end of the weekend.

Regarding your screen question, Super AMOLED + is higher quality version of Super AMOLED. + version is using standard RGB stripe pixels while regular Super AMOLED consists of pentile matrix pixels. At the same resolution, pentile matrix has less sharp images. All SGSII models have WVGA Super AMOLED +. Nexus Prime will have Super AMOLED HD screen, so it has pentile pixels but its higher HD resolution will somewhat reduce pentile effects.

Looking at the Attain forum today, some folks seem to think Attain will be Celox (LTE SGSII) because of launch delay. I strongly doubt that and believe Attain will be just standard SGSII (1.2Ghz Exynos, 4.3" SAMOLED+). It will still be top performer on AT&T lineup in terms of processing power. Celox has 1.5Ghz dual snapdragon because Sammy seems to have trouble pairing Exynos with qualcomm LTE chip. AT&T might be getting Celox later on, but nothing is confirmed on it yet.

Regarding your screen question, Super AMOLED + is higher quality version of Super AMOLED. + version is using standard RGB stripe pixels while regular Super AMOLED consists of pentile matrix pixels. At the same resolution, pentile matrix has less sharp images. All SGSII models have WVGA Super AMOLED +. Nexus Prime will have Super AMOLED HD screen, so it has pentile pixels but its higher HD resolution will somewhat reduce pentile effects.

Looking at the Attain forum today, some folks seem to think Attain will be Celox (LTE SGSII) because of launch delay. I strongly doubt that and believe Attain will be just standard SGSII (1.2Ghz Exynos, 4.3" SAMOLED+). It will still be top performer on AT&T lineup in terms of processing power. Celox has 1.5Ghz dual snapdragon because Sammy seems to have trouble pairing Exynos with qualcomm LTE chip. AT&T might be getting Celox later on, but nothing is confirmed on it yet.

Jin.. my friend does in fact have a celox testing on att as we speak.

I am also not sure where you find the attain/celox info

The attain is in fact the non lte sgs2 and will release the weekend of Oct 2nd.

Any idea when the Celox will be released? Does your friend have a month in mind? None of the 4G phones were on the leaked AT&T roadmap for this year.

Ok, question from a newb. What is the differeance between the advertised RAM, which will likely be 1G, and the actually available RAM of 889?

Ok, question from a newb. What is the differeance between the advertised RAM, which will likely be 1G, and the actually available RAM of 889?

That was what was reported as being free at the time i was running my tests.....so lets assume the system and running apps at that time were using it

Back