• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A look at the future (Sense 4): Virtuous Infinity v1.35

ral

Android Expert
If your rooted and want to get a preview of what your next HTC phone might be like, one way to do that is to install Virtuous Infinity, which is not at a near bug free version 1.3.5.

If is a full Sense 4 ROM so it will give you a look at the interface of new HTC phones like the HTC One X, One XL, One S and other high end 2012 HTC releases.

My impression, well if you like Sense you will be comfortable enough with Sense 4. What are the major changes:

a) Power saver settings. The power saver settings basically disappeared after Sense 3.5.

b) Peep - Peep is gone, and with it the ability to set update intervals for your Twitter account. You can of course use the official Twitter app but that does not link with the HTC Twitter widget.

c) You can no longer set default programs for system wide file sharing.

d) The task switcher is not so great. The Gingerbread task switcher was plain looking but functional displaying the icons of the last 8 apps used. ICS redesigned this, and given it is one of ICS's key features, displaying the 3-4 most recent in a graphically more friendly manner, allowing you to scroll to all other recent apps. HTC redesigned this to show you one app at a time.

Luckily with the VI, you can use AOSP default instead.

One thing worries me about this ROM. It uses Virtuous_OC and runs different wake and sleep governors, which is a nice feature. But it is overclocked.

Wake - Ondemand 368 MHz - 1200 MHz.
Sleep - Conservative 368MHz - 768 MHz.

I cannot find the file containing the voltage settings and third party apps confirm that voltage settings are not tweakable.

I do not mind overclocking to 1200 MHz, I would like to know what voltage I am running though. Without voltage info or controls, I used the Deamon Controller (XDA thread with download link) to adjust my speeds as follows:

Wake - Ondemand 245 MHz - 1024 MHz.
Sleep - Conservative 245 MHz - 368 MHz.

Just install the Controller. Do not install Andrev_OC.

Would love to get feedback from other users here running this ROM.

The new HTC Twitter app is annoying. When I update the widget it downloads an hours worth of Tweets. Than I have to open the app scroll to the bottom and update again. It take 3-4 updates to see everything... and I have a small Twitter account.

It looks like Virtuous have made a good bet with basing their ROM on the HTC One S ROM.

All the Sense 3.6 ROM's end life with ICS, which was a given. Now it looks like, the Sense 4 Lite ROM's based on the HTC One V, dead end with ICS too.

So for Sense on Jellybean, everyone will be starting out from scratch except for Virtuous. Project butter might make the laggy full Sense 4 fast enough for our DHD's.

Back
Top Bottom