• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A Positive Note

ModifHigher

I didnt see this anywhere here so far,so i wanted to make a small but important shoutout thread to the folks who have been breaking their back day in & day out helping other users, and developing ROMs for Our device.

I had noticed that some folks here have been requesting ETAs,being rude and/or disrespectful,and overall bringing negative vibes to out device forums.
I know its not necessarily my responsibility or place,but id like to apologize on behalf of others who dont understand just what it takes to make things run smoothly around here
Were all human,some more knowledgeable than others.
Im just a typical forum user,although i know the basic rules & have been around for a bit,im not "better" or worse than other members.
I was a new guy once,didnt understand how exactly threads worked,but in time i learned.
I just wanted to reach out to the several members ive seen scouting the forums nearly 24/7 and thank you guys again,because youre giving us more than your all,and i want you guys to know that your dedication is appreciated.
Id like to thank(my apologies if i spell these wrong) @MikeHoncho
@Noobified
@antonioblee
@Bichofelix
Especially for their hard work on the CM12 build they brought here in their own spare time.
It may not mean anything at all,but i was taught to pay my dues and be respectful,and i wanted to leave this here in hopes others will see and treat others accordingly.
Sad to see the CM12 thread be locked,but again,i thank you all for your assistance with this device.ive learned alot.without the help of you guys,id be stock & limited on what my abilities were with my device.
If theres anything i can do as a member here to help with anything,developing or otherwise,i would be honored.
Until my next post.
ModifHigher.

Well said.
My apologies as well, as I had a hand in the closure of the CM thread. I was disrespectful on the thread to a user who simply didn't understand that just because a project is released with some flaws doesn't mean it will get the sole attention from developers who are working on bringing a similar experience to other phones.
It takes too much time and effort building these roms to see someone say they've had enough of "not getting enough attention" to a project that was only just released. I've built ROMs myself and my threads have gotten the same flak. Its disrespectful and degrading to those working as hard as they do to see that.
It wasn't my place to say anything and I let my own views on the subject get the best of me. But I stand by what I said. If you have negative feelings about how a project is being developed, constructive criticism gets better results than simply stating that you give up because things aren't moving along at your pace.
In conclusion, im sorry for acting out. But at the same time, don't be jerks. It only hurts development and slows down progress to the point where it can altogether destroy the hopes of ever having a functional system. This in turn deters anyone from wanting to develop for our device if you look like a ungrateful git.

I didnt see this anywhere here so far,so i wanted to make a small but important shoutout thread to the folks who have been breaking their back day in & day out helping other users, and developing ROMs for Our device.

I had noticed that some folks here have been requesting ETAs,being rude and/or disrespectful,and overall bringing negative vibes to out device forums.
I know its not necessarily my responsibility or place,but id like to apologize on behalf of others who dont understand just what it takes to make things run smoothly around here
Were all human,some more knowledgeable than others.
Im just a typical forum user,although i know the basic rules & have been around for a bit,im not "better" or worse than other members.
I was a new guy once,didnt understand how exactly threads worked,but in time i learned.
I just wanted to reach out to the several members ive seen scouting the forums nearly 24/7 and thank you guys again,because youre giving us more than your all,and i want you guys to know that your dedication is appreciated.
Id like to thank(my apologies if i spell these wrong)
@Bichofelix
Especially for their hard work on the CM12 build they brought here in their own spare time.

I had no part in releasing cm for the leon other than testing. I do not want credit, all credit is due to @MikeHoncho,
@chevanlol360, @Noobified, @vm03. I attempted to do things but ultimately have fallen short. I deserve no credit..
All I want to do is help people get the most bang for their buck.

I agree with all the above and sometimes I'm guilty of jumping someones case for bad forum etiquette but like @EarlyMon said there's a report button. We don't have to be forum cops, the mods get paid the big bucks to handle that stuff [emoji12]

Fighting on the forums is like yelling at the moon for cheese... You look like an ass and walk away hungry. That being said I too apologize for any part I may have had in the thread being shut down.

On a side note...whether you're a lurker, participator, contributor or a developer I think we all need to read and have a basic understanding of what development is, what it entails and the level of work it takes to get from a booting ROM to an RC ROM. We should all take a minute and review the forum rules and remember as was said earlier we're all in this together.

In the words of the stoic and ever so wise Jerry Springer...

"Take care of yourselves and each other." [emoji106]

Wow. I been gone just a couple days. Im actually quite surprised. Im not a dev or a mod or anything. Just a guy who loves the brilliant minds here. Dont know if this is my place to say, but these guys bust their bones pushing out roms and recoveries for us. And most of them if not all are volunteers. I can only wish that one day i have the experience to do the same. The creations these amazing people make for us arent just pieces of code jumbled together. They are all works of art. So remember, like any piece of beautiful art, there is much time involved. With that being said, wise men do say.. Patience is a virtue, but never pay full price for late pizza

YOU GUYS ROCK AND THANK YOU!!!!

I would like to apologize for being a little too impatient with the development on the Leon. I've been through all of these forums for a few years now. Just recently created a profile here. Forever and a day ago I had a Motorola RAZR. It was but a few years ago that I bought my first android device. I may be a little older than most but when my L9 died I bought a F6. I went through the first rooting and custom ROM on that. I was impatient then and flashed the wrong file. I soft bricked that phone replaced it with a L70 and ruined a few of them due to soft bricks and fastboot. I eventually fixed my F6 and knew what to do after that. I wanted Lolipop and an upgrade to that device but it wasn't there. I bought the Leon on Craigslits. Coming from a phone that I had 5 different ROM's to flash on recovery I may have been a bit anxious. @MikeHoncho thank you for the swift work on this device. I am an avid home brewer of beer I am thinking about maybe creating my own ROM. I've followed Game Theory on the Lg Spirit and F6. Guys thanks for all the hard work, maybe as newer devices come out development will take longer.
Thank you to everyone who has taught me so much in so little time.
Peace!

Thanks for all you're hard work dev's and mods alike. I myself just jumped into the forums around 2-3 months ago and was postin all over the place in the wrong threads asking questions. I mainly read now. Ya I've been a lil post happy concerning the Leon. Sure wish there was a 5.0.1 ROM to get us all running right, idk maybeva sweet lil oc kernel, not to take away from all the hard work on the 5.1.1 Cyanogen 12.1 ROM for the Leon. Tried to flash and run it but it won't except on 5.0.1, I was hoping it would be somthin like being able to run a kikat rom straight off a jellybean ROM like for instance the Carbon ROM for the F6. Anyway I have faith and patience that somebody is gonna pull off a really nice 5.0.1 ROM or ability for a 5.1.1 to be flashed from stock 5.0.1, anyway thank all of you here in A.F. I've learned a lot & at a rapid pace thanks to all you tech super hero's if you will! My apologies for my initial bad forum ediquet and having to be told and more then once what the deal was. Were all human beings and are all one but don't usually see past the illusion, all while being hypnotized by the glimmer of our own gadgets, & the things you own wind up owning you. Glad we all came down off our high horses to see the bigger picture and how big & beautiful that picture can be when we all work together instead of talking down to anybody regardless of there "swag" or lack of knowledge with android. But this is what its all about right here. Thanks a million times over all here at Android Forums!

Back
Top Bottom