• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A Super fast, smooth UI Rom

ccsoccer03

My girfriend has an OG Droid that I've put cm7.1 on with ChevyNo1 Overclock kernel on. For some reason though, her ui just seems sluggish. Sometimes its ok but other times, it hangs. I've wiped and did this and that but I'm beginning to wonder if its cyanogen itself? Are there any roms out there that are smooth and lighting fast for the OG Droid or is there anything I can do to make a difference? I have a droid X, so I'm spoiled by the GPU inside it I suppose. Thank you for your assistance.

use the supercharger script to speed things up. The aggressive 2 setting works well for me. Pete's kernels seem to work better on my phone as well. As always, YMMV

I've read that Gingerbread is so large for this phone, that it tends to push stuff out of memory such as messaging and such. How do I make sure important apps don't get pushed out?

CM settings --> look around, I think they are under either (doing this from memory so don't shoot the messenger) either performance settings, or something like UI settings....

I am on the BIONIC now so I reverted my DROID to FroYo via SBF.

Also, no matter what, she will not be able to run very many app that run services in the background, b/c they will constantly be fighting for the very little remaining memory that the phone will have left after the system is loaded. Trust me, I ran CM7 from the initial alphas back in Jan all the way to the day I got my BIONIC, when 7.1 was final already. GB is simply too big of a beast to run very well on a DROID, even if it is OC'd to the max and with scripts and such. There is very very little system memory left to do much with the phone without it bogging down unless you are very sparing with your usage (IOW, can't have lots of GMail accounts, can't have lots and lots of SMS saved, etc.)

Your choice - I can't say you should or should not do anything - remember, even if it was painful, I kept running CM7 right up until the day I bought my BIONIC.

It's your choice. There are advantages and disadvantages to both scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom