• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About the Music Player upgrade

ShifterCat

Lurker
Sep 12, 2011
I just upgraded the Android system on my Xperia phone, and noticed it has a new default music player. Having a player widget right on the screen is nice, but I can't help but notice that this new player seems to have a lot more skips and hiccups than the old one, even though I'm playing the exact same tracks. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
ShifterCat

I don't know about skips, but the new music player I ended up with apparently has the ability to sync music collections to/from the cloud, which also means that a music download manager runs everytime I start the app and stays running after. I've determined that this was causing an egregious slowing of my Droid 1, so I went back to the old version. I'd seen references to this before I upgraded, so it wasn't just me.

-Scott

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones