• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Absolutely ridiculous battery drain while screen on/off happens randomly

crowruin

Im facing ridiculous battery drain while screen is off/on its the screen thats draining my battery.

I kept noticing over these pasts weeks that my battery would go from 85% to 75% in less 10 mins while screen was off.

before you ask Im rooted,running greenify already greenfied ALL the apps i could think of.
also using Power Nap for wakelocks and App settings to stop some apps from starting up.

Location and sync are Off.
I already did everything I could think of im at my wits end already really frustrating... my last resort would be a custom kernel I tried 2 kernels already... there is one that i havent tried yet.

heres are some screen shots cause what im thinking that its a battery calibration issue or i think the battery is dying on me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-14-22-08-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-14-22-08-40.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_2015-06-14-22-09-11.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-14-22-09-11.png
    545.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_2015-06-14-22-09-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-14-22-09-35.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 88
Thread moved to sub-forum dedicated to your root-ed phone.

Did you Wipe Cache Partition?

... Thom
Yes I have wiped cache partition but sometimes I notice it would randomly drain over 5% even when the screen was off and no apps running

Yes I have wiped cache partition but sometimes I notice it would randomly drain over 5% even when the screen was off and no apps running

I am not familiar with greenify.

First I would prevent all apps that you do not use from starting up. Make sure you don't have a antivirus scanning on each boot up. Check to see if you have something transmitting or receiving data. If none of that works I would wipe cache & Dalvik Cache and reboot. And if that doesn't work flash to a stable rom. If that doesn't work I would think it is the battery.

And if that doesn't work. Get a young priest, a old priest and a few virgins to sacrifice. Beyond that I have no clue.

I am not familiar with greenify.

First I would prevent all apps that you do not use from starting up. Make sure you don't have a antivirus scanning on each boot up. Check to see if you have something transmitting or receiving data. If none of that works I would wipe cache & Dalvik Cache and reboot. And if that doesn't work flash to a stable rom. If that doesn't work I would think it is the battery.

And if that doesn't work. Get a young priest, a old priest and a few virgins to sacrifice. Beyond that I have no clue.
tried all this its the battery at this point I even used amplify just gonna sell the phone to a friend cause he just wants an extra for music and pics getting a Zenfone 2 2GB cant wait

Back
Top Bottom