• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ace hack kit will not run?

Boty313

Lurker
I am new to this and want to try to root my old htc inspire 4g, before i try in on my new phone. The problem i am having is that, I am logged in as administer for the computer, and ace hack kit will not run. I get an error message about login as administrator.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Windows? Right-click the program and Run as administrator.

It would really be better, though, if you learned how to root the phone, instead of depending on a program someone else wrote. You have no idea what the program does, in addition to rooting the phone. Many of them make changes to a few system program files.

Read ADB manually root almost any Android device

Thank you for all your help, I will give it a try.

One more question do i have to root the phone to unlock the sim and change carriers: ie from ATT to Metro PCS?

Thank you for all your help, I will give it a try.

One more question do i have to root the phone to unlock the sim and change carriers: ie from ATT to Metro PCS?

You don't have to root. If you have an account In good standing,you can request an unlock code from at&t. You could also purchase an unlock code,there are a lot of cheap ones on eBay :)

thank you for all your help. I'm reading all the manuals and getting a better understanding of the process. I will try this weekend and let you know what happen.

Back
Top Bottom