• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

activation question

zandroid

Android Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2009
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

I had a broken dinc2 and had it replaced by Verizon just before upgrading to the nexus will full intent to give the new dinc2 to a friend. Upon trying to activate said replacement on his line, I was told warranty phones are solely tied to my number and I'm stuck with it. Is there any way around this?

sounds like you talked to a rep who had no clue what they were doing......... either that or theres more to the story.......... call in and speak to someone different........... as long as theres no blacklist on the phone (stolen/lost/you havent mailed in the broken one/etc) then it doesnt matter if it was a warranty phone..... it can be activated by someone else

Upvote 0
Really? Nice.

That's all the story I can think of. Had a bad dinc2, had it replaced, but I had never activated it. I went straight to the Nexus. The dinc2 sat until today and can't be activated. I'll call CS again and try.

Since it was a warranty phone, maybe, (and this is just a guess on my part) it has to be activated first on your number. Then reactivate your Nexus on your line and your friend can then activate your dinc2 on theirs.

Again, just a guess on my part.

Edit: When copes online you gotta be fast with your responses.... Haha!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones