• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Active Sync Email Issues on Epic

Syphon

I work in IT at my company and support mobile devices and their connection to our exchange server.

One of our employees got the Epic 4g and she continues to have issues with ActiveSync not downloading emails right away. For example, this morning she had about 25 emails come in and on her Epic it showed the last email being from yesterday. I tried to manually refresh the email on the phone and it did not download any new emails. I rebooted the phone and it started downloading all her emails. This is not the first time this has happened. This is a normal occurrence for her. It will not download anything for a few hours to a few days then download everything at once.

I know it is not an issue on our side as we have about 20 iPhones and about 15 Android devices working fine including my Evo. So far, she is the only one in our company with an Epic however we have about 3 employees that are about to leave their Blackberries and iPhones for the Epic and I have told them to hold of until we resolve this issue.

If anyone else know what the issue is, or know a simple fix please let me know. Thanks.

Its the email app that comes with the phone. I had the same problem. Download maildroid from the market, its free. Never miss another email... Eats the battery a little more than the standard one, but way better. Just delete your emails from the stock app and set up on maildroid.... Good luck.

I have the same issue. I have to reboot the phone every morning when I get to to work, and then it works fine the rest of the day, at work and on my wifi at home. Get to work the next morning, and have to reboot for the mail to flow again.

When Froyo comes out, I'm going to switch to a vanilla rom, and see if 2.2 plus getting rid of all the Samsung junk fixes it.

And by "works fine" I mean, sometimes mail is delivered immediately, sometimes 5-30 minutes later. It's not a Blackberry for sure.

Eeek. Yeah she is in a position where she needs to get the emails as they come in so waiting 5-30 minutes later may not be a good option. She is still within her 30 days so I am going to suggest she take it back for an Evo (which 3 of us in the IS department own and know works fine). If she can't exchange it for the Evo, then I am going to try touchdown or moxier mail for her. Out of the two, which do you all find easier to use for someone who is...well lets just say not fully on board the technology train.

I have the Evo and my emails stop downloading after some time. It seems like I meet some quota on the phone and it just stops. I have to go into my server and delete emails for the phone to begin downloading them again.

Anyone know a fix for this? I shouldn't have to delete my emails from my server to download new ones on my phone :confused:

Mimi

are you folks talking about the stock Gmail app that comes with the phone, or the other email app that comes with it, where you set the frequency for your Epic to fetch messages? I find that the Gmail app works great, that messages arrive within a minute of being sent. I do find, however, that the other email app is unreliable, and sometimes doesn't dowload messages until hours later, even tho it is set to check every 30 minutes. In this respect I agree, the Epic is no Blackberry, lol. But I am pleased with the reliability of the stock Gmail app. This is my experience anyway :)

Reconsidering the OPs post, I realize you must be talking about not synching with Gmail, but with your own company server... in which case, in my opinion, the stock email app won't suffice for you. So perhaps yes, look into MailDroid as mentioned above.

easier to use for someone who is...well lets just say not fully on board the technology train.

Honestly, I don't think an Android handset is for her. I'm the Sysadmin where I work, and I have plenty of very technically challenged people who do great with their Blackberry's. Some of them can barely turn on their desktop, but they can email from their Blackberry's as well as anyone.

Back
Top Bottom