• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Adb can't find device when in fastboot

Hi,

It all started when i wanted to updated my phone to a new Cyanogen version.
After downloading the update via the update menu it rebooted and gave me a really weird screen, blue pixel lines and purple pixels 'waving' through it (can't really describe it that good).

So i tried recovering to factory settings but when i booted back up, my phone freezes at the HTC One startup screen.

I want to flash boot so I can work with my phone again but adb doesn't seem to find my device. It does show up here.

I tried reinstalling HTC drives + HTC sync, and yes i restarted my computer several times and tried other computers to connect my phone with.

Hi,

It all started when i wanted to updated my phone to a new Cyanogen version.
After downloading the update via the update menu it rebooted and gave me a really weird screen, blue pixel lines and purple pixels 'waving' through it (can't really describe it that good).

So i tried recovering to factory settings but when i booted back up, my phone freezes at the HTC One startup screen.

I want to flash boot so I can work with my phone again but adb doesn't seem to find my device. It does show up here.

I tried reinstalling HTC drives + HTC sync, and yes i restarted my computer several times and tried other computers to connect my phone with.

Adb will not work in fastboot. In fastboot,you use fastboot commands,not adb.

To recover:
-enter recovery
-wipe and restore backup,or wipe and flash new Rom.
-boot to fastboot. Flash boot image (fastboot flash boot boot.img assuming boot imange named "boot.img")
-reboot

Hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom