• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add 1 automatically in front of numbers

carrot

Feb 1, 2010
GA
Does anybody knows how to add "1" in front of a number? I'm in Canada right now and they don't let me call directly "303-333-3333" for example. I can't add the 1 in front of it by editing a number that called me. All my entries don't have a "1" and most of them are long distance.

Thanks.

Go to "contacts" in your phone. Long press on the number and a menu will come up. Select "edit number before call" and you will see the number at the top of screen. Then you just press in front of the number and press "1". In the same screen you can then press the phone icon at the bottom to place your call. Im sure there is a faster/easier way, but I found this just by playing around a bit.

Upvote 0
Does anybody knows how to add "1" in front of a number? I'm in Canada right now and they don't let me call directly "303-333-3333" for example. I can't add the 1 in front of it by editing a number that called me. All my entries don't have a "1" and most of them are long distance.

Thanks.
I thought my Droid was adding the "1" automatically? Have you tried just hitting the stored number and it doesn't place the call?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones