• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding Ad blocking file to AOSP roms

shezzy

Android Enthusiast
One thing I miss from touched by sg4 rom was the Ad blocking host file which prevented almost all ads from being shown in free apps.. I am now using Slim bean (AOSP rom), which I like ALOT better, however, it does not have this ad blocking feature.. does any one know how this can be added?

Another method is if the app doesn't need the internet to run, you can use a firewall app and restrict the app from accessing the net.

most if not all of my apps use the internet, it seems you can either flash the hosts file or use a adblock program and then add the ad's IP info into that program to block it..I am trying the flash hosts file method . Both methods are supported for the link I supplied, but the seperate app method (non-flash method) hasn't really been tested by the creator.

most if not all of my apps use the internet, it seems you can either flash the hosts file or use a adblock program and then add the ad's IP info into that program to block it..I am trying the flash hosts file method . Both methods are supported for the link I supplied, but the seperate app method (non-flash method) hasn't really been tested by the creator.

I have Adaway which updates your host file for ad blocking and works well. Getting that app it a little more tricky as Google kicked it off the play store.

Back
Top Bottom