• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding existing pics to tablet

astrohip

Lurker
Next question... similar to the adding MP3 question.

I would like to copy a large number of pictures to my tablet, around 20GB worth. They are currently on my laptop, not in the cloud (other than a backup). Do I copy them manually? If I do, what app do I use to view them? I use Picasa on my laptop, so I'm used to that. But there doesn't appear to be a Picasa app for Android.

Thanks.

Via WiFi is rather time consuming. Doing it via USB or removing the card, placing in a card reader would be bunches faster.

Via WiFi is rather time consuming. Doing it via USB or removing the card, placing in a card reader would be bunches faster.

I just plug the tab into a USB port and copy the pix over that way. Do it all the time with pix of my grand daughter.

I just plug the tab into a USB port and copy the pix over that way. Do it all the time with pix of my grand daughter.
That's what I did. My question wasn't really about the transmission method (wifi would be waaay too slow for 30+GB of pics), but about the how. Being a newbie to Android, I'm not familiar with folders, storage, apps, etc.

I just hooked it up via USB cable, opened Windows Explorer on my laptop, created a new folder on the SD card, and started copying. Then I dl'ed QuickPic as a photo viewer, and voila, I'm in business!

Thanks all!:)

Back
Top Bottom