• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding Ram Question, NOOB here

I was going to upgrade my SD to 32 gigs today and thought I might as well make 2-4 gigs of it a partitioned RAM to help performance. My question is should I wait to do this before or after I install a custom ROM. I am still waiting on a version of CM 12.1 to be tested further before running it but I wanted more RAM now. So should I be patient and just wait to add RAM until after? Does it make a difference?

Last edited:
You know that using swap drastically shortens the life of your SD card without giving a substantial boost to performance? Also, why are you afraid to flash cm12.1? You can just backup all your apps, accounts, calls, messages, and other data with titanium backup, make a nandroid backup in twrp, and then flash cm and restore your apps with titanium backup. If it isn't stable just restore the nandroid...easy.

You know that using swap drastically shortens the life of your SD card without giving a substantial boost to performance? Also, why are you afraid to flash cm12.1? You can just backup all your apps, accounts, calls, messages, and other data with titanium backup, make a nandroid backup in twrp, and then flash cm and restore your apps with titanium backup. If it isn't stable just restore the nandroid...easy.
Thanks for the reply and good info. I wasn't too worried about decreasing the life of the SD card. 32 gig cards are only 15$ at walmart right now. But if it wont make a difference then I guess I wont worry about it and just keep my 16 gig one in.

Back
Top Bottom