• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding widgets

Ronmio

Lurker
I just picked up my A100 and wanted to add a folders widget and other widgets. In another thread, I saw that someone added a WiFi toggle widget which I also want to do. But, unlike on my Droid 2 smartphone where it is straightforward, I can't figure out how to add new widgets to the handful that Acer has provided.

I just picked up my A100 and wanted to add a folders widget and other widgets. In another thread, I saw that someone added a WiFi toggle widget which I also want to do. But, unlike on my Droid 2 smartphone where it is straightforward, I can't figure out how to add new widgets to the handful that Acer has provided.

r u on honeycomb still or ics 4.0.3 ;)

In 3.2 you can press and hold in a empty area, and select widgets from the new menu that slides up. In 4.0, it's available from the apps menu in the top-right corner.

I know how to get the the available widgets. Unfortunately, Acer provided very few. The questions is, how do I add widgets to the list of available ones?

They have to be installed, via market or a .apk file. I got "Beautiful Widgets" for free from get jar. GooglePlay has quite a few too, and app category specificly for widgets. Hope this helps. I did a search on GooglePlay for "folder widget" and found one called "app folder".

My tablet announced that it had an update for me so I now have ICS (4.0.3). I have now found that the OS does put "apps" that are described on Google Play as widgets into the Widgets category under Apps. Case closed.:)

Back
Top Bottom